British woman, 64, stranded in Thai hospital unless she can pay 450,000 THB for treatment
A British woman who fell ill on holiday in Thailand is stranded in hospital after her medical expenses ran into hundreds of thousands of baht. Barbara Jackson, 64, from Essex, is seriously ill in Camillian Hospital in Bangkok where she needs urgent treatment for a heart condition. Barbara had been on holiday visiting her son who lives in Thailand when without warning she suddenly became ill. After being rushed to hospital it was discovered she required heart surgery. Because Barbara was only visiting Thailand for a short holiday, she did not take out insurance for her trip. While the cost of her operation has been paid for, a further 450,000 baht is needed to pay for additional treatment and medical care. Now her family and friends have launched a crowdfunding campaign on the Go Fund Me website to raise the additional money so Barabara can receive the treatment she... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, British woman, 64, stranded in Thai hospital unless she can pay 450,000 THB for treatment, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - Chinese Leader Meets with US Trade Delegation in Beijing
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Woman stomped to death by wild elephants
- - Hong Kong seizes $1m worth of rhino horn at airport
- - China Giving Pakistan $3.5 Billion in Loans, Grants
- - Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested
- - Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps
- - Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years
- Older News
- Vote! Saying it like it is or dashing a patient’s hopes? Cancer patient told to prepare for death Samui Times (2 days ago) - A video posted on Facebook showed a doctor at Kluay Nam Thai Hospital telling a...
- Vote! DSI: DNA sent to UK police in search of missing Thai woman Samui Times (6 days ago) - The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has forwarded to the British National Crime Agency (NCA)...