British woman, 64, stranded in Thai hospital unless she can pay 450,000 THB for treatment
A British woman who fell ill on holiday in Thailand is stranded in hospital after her medical expenses ran into hundreds of thousands of baht. Barbara Jackson, 64, from Essex, is seriously ill in Camillian Hospital in Bangkok where she needs urgent treatment for a heart condition. Barbara had been on holiday visiting her son who lives in Thailand when without warning she suddenly became ill. After being rushed to hospital it was discovered she required heart surgery. Because Barbara was only visiting Thailand for a short holiday, she did not take out insurance for her trip. While the cost of her operation has been paid for, a further 450,000 baht is needed to pay for additional treatment and medical care. Now her family and friends have launched a crowdfunding campaign on the Go Fund Me website to raise the additional money so Barabara can receive the treatment she desperately needs. “Barbara has been taken ill while in Thailand and requires immediate heart surgery to survive. Unfortunately, the cost for this essential operation is extremely high and so we are raising funds to help cover the additional expenses”, the Go Fund Me page reads. “She is currently ready to undergo her operation, however, upon completion of her heart surgery she will receive a hefty bill which is only partly covered. We need to raise an additional 450,000 Thai Baht (just over £10,000 GBP) to assist with the cost of her operation, the page adds. Barbara’s Go Fund Me page can be found here. Thai Visa The post British woman, 64, stranded in Thai hospital unless she can pay 450,000 THB for treatment appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, British woman, 64, stranded in Thai hospital unless she can pay 450,000 THB for treatment, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Wednesday, 30 January
- Older News
- Vote! British woman raped on Koh Phi Phi, Thai man arrested Samui Times (7 days ago) - A Thai man has been arrested and charged with the rape of a British tourist on Koh Phi Phi. The man, who has not been named, is understood to be...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Post-Election, Indonesian President Expected to Go Soft on China Despite Maritime Flaps
- - Seastead lifted ashore at Phuket port
- - Kim Jong Un in Russia for Putin Meeting
- - Governor pushes water-shortage solutions
- - Philippines' Duterte says to sail garbage back to Canada
- - Indonesia election fraud allegations are "baseless”: minister
- - Who is Zahran Hashim, the radical cleric linked to Sri Lanka bombings?
- - JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa appoints Silvano Amolini as new executive chef
- - Violent protests break out in Solomon Islands as Manasseh Sogavare elected new prime minister
- - Foreign groups likely behind Sri Lanka attacks, U.S. ambassador says