British Banker's Appeal Denied in Hong Kong Double Murder
A Hong Kong court has rejected an appeal by a former British banker jailed for life for murdering two women. Rurik Jutting, 32, a former Bank of America employee, denied killing two Indonesian women in 2014 on the grounds of diminished responsibility because of alcohol and drug abuse and sexual disorders. A jury found Jutting guilty at his 2016 trial of the brutal killings of Seneng Mujiasih, 26, and Sumarti Ningsih, 23. Jutting spent days torturing one of the victims while on a cocaine-fueled binge before stuffing her body into a suitcase left on his apartment balcony. He killed the second victim three days later because she wouldn’t stop calling for help after entering his luxury apartment in Hong Kong’s Wan Chai district. Jutting’s lawyer Gerard McCoy argued at the appeal that the judge did not properly direct the jury on his client’s mental state at the time of the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, British Banker's Appeal Denied in Hong Kong Double Murder, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Malaysia Upholds Ban on Israeli Athletes from Taking Part in Swimming Competition
- - Thai hotel staff head home after surviving Nairobi terrorism
- - Peace talks with Taliban will happen soon: U.S. envoy
- - China to face Thailand Sunday at Asian Cup
- - Goldman boss apologises for 1MDB scandal
- - Kisenosato, Japan's last remaining sumo champion, retires
- - Phuket maid caught hiding 2,600 meth pills, 3kg of cannabis in client’s house
- - Swedish tourist rescued at Patong Beach
- - Air quality for Thailand – January 17
- - ‘Haute Cuisine:’ Weed Tom Yum Lands Briton In Hot Water
- Older News
- Vote! Hong Kong gives green light for 9,500 private flats worth $10b ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (2 days ago) - HONG KONG’S government has recently approved an ambitious proposal for a 9,500 private residential development...
- Vote! Hong Kong scientists claim 'broad-spectrum' antiviral breakthrough Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - HONG KONG: Hong Kong scientists claim they have made a potential breakthrough discovery in the...
- Vote! Hong Kong luxury home buyer bails, loses $4.6m deposit ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (6 days ago) - A HOME buyer in Hong Kong has walked out of the purchase of a luxury...