Brazil's Bolsonaro blames Amazon fires on NGOs as Twitter erupts
SALVADOR, Brazil: Wildfires in the Amazon rainforest in northern Brazil have ignited a firestorm on social media, with President Jair Bolsonaro on Wednesday suggesting green groups started the blazes.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Brazil's Bolsonaro blames Amazon fires on NGOs as Twitter erupts, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Bangkok Post - Wednesday, 21 August
- Older News
- Vote! Forest fires destroying vital buffer against climate change Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - PEKANBARU, Indonesia: With fierce fires raging in jungles from the Amazon to Indonesia, concerns are mounting about the impact as rainforests play a vital role in protecting the planet against...
- Vote! Fire-setting Amazon Farmers Not 'Villains,' Just Poor, Politicians Say VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - Farmers living along the Trans-Amazonian Highway, near Humaita, a rural town deep in the Amazon, would rather not use fire to clear forest land so they can grow crops and...
- Vote! In Brazil, President's Son Questions Democracy VOA NEWS (5 days ago) - Like father, like son?A son of Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has caused a stir by questioning democracy in Latin America's biggest country, which emerged from a two-decade military dictatorship in...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Afghan Government Says Elections First, Peace Deal Afterward
- - Bangkok losing its gloss
- - Congo: Confirmed Ebola Deaths Near 2,000, Cases Over 3,000
- - Osama bin Laden's son Hamza killed in U.S. raid, Trump says
- - Phuket Opinion: Dangling the carrot
- - Tropical Storm Warning Discontinued in Bahamas
- - 'Bull' Wins Top Prize at Deauville
- - Zimbabwe's Mugabe Gets Tepid Turnout at Final Public Sendoff
- - Afghan Taliban send team to Russia after U.S. talks collapse
- - US Hospital Ship Dispatched for Migrants in Trinidad and Tobago