Branded residences: The new muse of Thailand’s real estate developers
Property developers across Thailand are experiencing are increasingly attracted by hotel branded residences in order to spur price premium points and buyer demand. Currently there are 29 new hotel residence projects countrywide with nearly 90% of these located in resort areas. New research by consulting group C9 Hotelworks has pinpointed that the top 3 locations for completed and pipeline projects in their Southeast Asia Hotel Residences Market Trends report are Phuket (26 properties), Pattaya (10 properties) and Bangkok (9 properties). With nearly 100 mainstream hotel residence projects and over 21,000 units completed, the next three years will see sector boldly expanding into new territory. The reports states that between 2018 and 2020 new completed units will represent a massive 83% increase over existing supply. Viewing how Thailand ranks in terms of competitiveness in the sector, with 41 completed projects to date, this accounts for 41% of the regions supply that stands at over 21,000 hotel residence units. The country ranks first in Southeast Asia as an urban trend is shifting back to resort areas. Indonesia follows, whilst the rising star is Vietnam with Danang featured as a favored developer’s marketplace. In Thailand, Phuket with 13 completed projects and another 13 in the works has a longstanding legacy of hospitality-led residences in such well-known ultra-luxury resorts as Amanpuri, Banyan Tree and Sri Panwa. Though over the past few years Bangkok’s Chao Phraya River with marquee branded projects affiliated to the likes of global icons Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental have pushed prices though the glass ceiling to an average of more than THB315,000 per square meter, while the national average selling price in the sector is just over THB101,000. Linking the connection to brands and pricing premiums, C9 research across all the markets in the country show a demonstrated brand premium between 15-20%.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Branded residences: The new muse of Thailand’s real estate developers, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thailand Business News - Monday, 25 June, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! New megamall to occupy 400 rai at Klong Toey port Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - The Port Authority of Thailand (PAT) said it only plans to use about half of a 900-rai area at Klong Toey port, and hand the rest over to a real-estate...
- Vote! A drop in demand leaves Bangkok with a glut of completed new condos Phuket Gazette (2 days ago) - A parliament of owls? A murder of crows? A flock of geese? But what’s the collective noun for a lot of available new condo developments in Bangkok? A glut of...
- Vote! Almost 500,000 units for sale in Bangkok (Government Housing Bank) Thailand Business News (5 days ago) - For housing in Bangkok and its vicinity, those who want to buy a house should be able to smile this year due to many house and condominium promotions. According to...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Fake general swindling for animals skins? WCGC Thailand Final! Heavy storms coming! || May 21
- - New date for Coronation Day holiday announced
- - Mother disappears after abandoning newborn in rubber plantation
- - Minister to push for two more Mekong bridges
- - Police seize haul of weapons, drugs in post-Songkran blitz
- - Four dead as pickup truck slams into tour bus heading to Phuket
- - Drug bust in Kathu nets 2,000 meth pills
- - 150 bedrrom Patong Hotel for sale
- - Phoenix goes up for auction, starting price 900,000 baht
- - Top 10 restaurants in Phuket