BOI recorded 900 bn baht investment applications in 2018
The Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand has revealed that the total amount of investment promotion application in 2018 reached 901,770 million baht, which exceeded the original target by 25%. Investment applications in the EEC accounted for more than 680,000 million baht. Deputy Prime Minister Dr. Somkid Jatusripitak said after a meeting with the Board of Investment (BOI) on investment promotion policies in 2019 that last year BOI received 1,626 investment applications projects with a total value of Baht 901,770 million. Largest-scale investment projects have been in the areas of petrochemical and electrical vehicle (EV) production. Both the application number and the investment value were higher than those in 2017, by 3% and 43%, respectively. In addition, the applications’ value in 2018 was 25% higher than the set target of 720,000 million baht. As many as 84% of the application projects, worth 758,000 million baht in total, were in the targeted industries. Within that amount, 539,000 million baht was invested in the five new S-Curve industry sectors, which include digital, medical hub, biofuels and biochemicals, robotics and automation, and aviation. A total value of 219,000 million baht was invested in the first S-Curve industry sectors; namely, agriculture and biotechnology, electrical and electronics, automotive and auto parts, tourism and food processing. Ms. Duangjai Asawachintachit, BOI’s Secretary General, said that in 2019 BOI will continue to focus on marketing activities targeted at investments that will help create more local value-added and bring higher technologies. A series of support measures have been issued to attract these investments. Proactive FDI-seeking activities will be organized in key targeted areas Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, the United States and Europe. The post BOI recorded 900 bn baht investment applications in 2018 appeared first on Thailand Business News. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, BOI recorded 900 bn baht investment applications in 2018, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thailand Business News - Friday, 18 January, 2019
- Older News
- Vote! Thai Baht currency control mulled by central bank Thailand Business News (4 days ago) - BANGKOK, 15th August 2019 (NNT) – The Minister of Industry has held talks with the Bank of Thailand’s Governor over measures to control the fluctuation of Thai Baht currency, minimize...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Scores of Civilians Killed, Injured in Libyan Oasis Town
- - Hong Kong's Evolving Protests: Voices From the Front Lines
- - U.S. resumes Afghan peace talks with Taliban, government: State Dept
- - PTT to invest 30bn ($967M) baht in EEC
- - Post-Brexit US-UK Trade Deal Under Threat
- - FBI: Truck Driver Threatened Mass Shooting at Memphis Church
- - 25th James Bond Film Gets a Title: 'No Time to Die'
- - Earth's Future Being Written in Fast-Melting Greenland
- - Israeli, US Militaries Simulate Ship Hijacking Amid Tensions
- - Italian PM Conte to Resign After League Party Pulls Backing