Big Joke: Two jobs done at Bangkok airport
Immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn announced the resolution of two cases at Suvarnabhumi International Airport yesterday. One involved a Thai woman using a passport with illegally added pages and the other was the arrest of members of a Mongolian pickpocket gang preying on tourists at the airport and on the BTS. The first case came to light after an informal coffee morning for the exchange of information organized by Surachate with embassies in Bangkok. The French embassy contacted Thai immigration with news that a Thai woman called Chananya Daengthong, 39, had applied for a visa with a passport that had fake pages. It was discovered that four pages had been removed and replaced with other. Chananya admitted that she had been barred from entering The Netherlands after overstaying there and had received no entry stamps on two pages in her passport. She had then arranged though a woman called “Nott” to contact a man on a Line application called “Fa Sai” whom she paid 11,000 baht via Internet Banking to adapt the passport. The other case resulted in the arrest of three male members of a Mongolian gang of pickpockets responsible for stealing 200,000 baht or more from many people at the airport and on the BTS. They were named as Khishigbata Bold, 40, Turmunkh Burengargal,41 and thirty five year old Ulzibayar Baterdene. Warrants were out for their arrest and they were nabbed coming back into Thailand after going to Mongolia. Working in tandem with a woman (whose arrest was not announced at the press briefing) they targeted tourists. In a latest theft on March 8th they followed 59 year old Voker Willi Mauss, a German national who had arrived on THAI from Frankfurt, from the carousel to an exchange booth and thence to a Family Mart and the taxi... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Big Joke: Two jobs done at Bangkok airport, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Thursday, 21 March
- Older News
- Vote! Border police chief to replace 'Big Joke' Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - The chief of border patrol police has been named head of immigration police, replacing Pol Lt Gen Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn, a high-profile policeman who was transferred to an inactive...
- Vote! Ex-border police chief to replace 'Big Joke' Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - The chief of border patrol police has been named head of immigration police, replacing Pol Lt Gen Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn, a high-profile policeman who was transferred to an inactive...
- Vote! Big Joke latest: Embattled former top cop takes off for America Samui Times (3 days ago) - Embattled former immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn has gone to America. Sanook reported that government spokeswoman Patcharaporn Inthiang revealed that the former poster boy of the Royal Thai Police had...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - PM2.5 levels surge in Chiang Rai
- - Thai woman murdered in Portugal
- - South firms upset at gas canister switch
- - Push for murder charges against drink-drivers divides force
- - Setting the record straight
- - Man found dead in pickup truck
- - Over 6,900 houses damaged by storms this month
- - PM pleased Thailand rated as “least miserable” country for 2019
- - People flock to marijuana fair in Buri Ram
- - Fishing trip boats destroyed by fire