Big Joke: Thai police team have been to England to interview woman who claims rape on Koh Tao
The head of the Immigration police Maj-Gen Surachate Hakparn revealed to TNA yesterday that the Royal Thai Police team investigating a rape claim by an English tourist on Koh Tao will be back in Thailand tomorrow (Saturday). Then he promised that within seven days all will be revealed. In one of the best kept secrets the RTP team have already been in contact with the metropolitan police in London and are in possession of a shirt reported to have semen stains. Maj-Gen Surachate said that an interpreter accompanied the team and they had received good cooperation from the alleged victim. Though tight lipped about what the team had discovered he urged the press to wait and promised that information would be available within the next week. TNA reported that the alleged victim in the case has not been blacklisted though they gave no indication if this meant that the Thai authorities had determined she was in fact telling the truth. Surachate said that the Thai police will get to the bottom of the matter and justice will prevail. If rape was proved the victim would be interviewed again, he added. Last month he had gone to Koh Tao and declared that no rape had occurred – a move that was criticized in many quarters and prompted further investigations in London. Surachate – known by his moniker Big Joke – moved from his deputy position at the Thai Tourist Police Bureau to become commissioner of the Immigration Bureau on Monday. Thai Visa / TNA The post Big Joke: Thai police team have been to England to interview woman who claims rape on Koh Tao appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Big Joke: Thai police team have been to England to interview woman who claims rape on Koh Tao, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Friday, 5 October, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Robber impersonates police officer, threatens woman at gunpoint The Phuket News (2 days ago) - PHUKET: Phuket City Police are hunting a man who claimed to be a policeman and threatened a woman with a handgun in Koh Kaew on Saturday evening (May 18) to...
- Vote! Ex-monk, nephew caught in separate rape cases Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - A former monk and his nephew have been caught in Kanchanaburi and Suphan Buri provinces, respectively, on separate rape cases, with the former allegedly attacking an elderly woman while in...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Panasonic joins firms stepping away from Huawei after US ban
- - Indonesian Protesters, Police Clash in Second Night of Post-election Unrest
- - Slowdown won't keep Chinese from calling Bangkok 'second home'
- - Study: Ozone-Killing Chemicals Traced to China
- - Smokin’ hut: Singapore’s solution for cigarette puffers
- - India election result: moment of truth arrives for Narendra Modi and BJP as vote counting begins
- - The true measure of Indian democracy is found outside the ballot box
- - Gama may become Muang Thong coach
- - 14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested
- - America and Japan’s vision of an Indo-Pacific free from Chinese threat runs into deep waters