Big Joke has spoken! No more tourist rip offs by tuk-tuk drivers in Chiang Mai
Bangkok Biz News reported that chief of immigration Lt Gen Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn had turned his attention to tuk-tuks ripping off tourists in Chiang Mai. The Lt Gen – whose domain far exceeds matters of immigration – also ordered the tourist police in the northern Thai city to check on the registration of vehicles ferrying tourists to and from temples and tourist attractions. He had received reports of tuk-tuks from outside the city preying on tourists. The cops in Chiang Mai heeded the call on Saturday by going to Wat Phra Singh where everything was found to be above board except for one driver who couldn’t produce a registration certificate saying his tuk-tuk was rented. The Department of Land Transport are looking into that one. Thai Visa / Bangkok Biz News The post Big Joke has spoken! No more tourist rip offs by tuk-tuk drivers in Chiang Mai... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Big Joke has spoken! No more tourist rip offs by tuk-tuk drivers in Chiang Mai, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Hakeem al-Araibi: Bahrain says refugee footballer's life is not in danger
- - BOI recorded 900 bn baht investment applications in 2018
- - Canada Dismisses China's Warning of Huawei Ban Repercussions
- - The first round of GTI Taipei & Online Games Expo 2019
- - Exhibition and business meeting event providing the latest information to supermarkets and the food distribution industry
- - Café Malaysia 2019 celebrates the country’s dynamic coffee culture and its world class achievements
- - Top US Navy Officer Urges China to Avoid Confrontations
- - Spokesman: Myanmar Army Kills 13 Rebels in Rakhine Clashes
- - North Korea's Kim Yong-chol meets Mike Pompeo in Washington
- - Radical Cleric Linked to Bali Bombing to Be Freed from Prison
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! DPM Prawit tight-lipped since joking about Nairobi attack Bangkok Post (Today) - Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon has not spoken to reporters for two days, since being...
- Older News
- Vote! Don’t rip off tourists – be good hosts! – Pattaya tourism leader implores Thais Samui Times (3 days ago) - A Pattaya business and tourism leader has implored his compatriots not to rip off...
- Vote! “Visa and work permit in half an hour” – no more time wasting in Chiang Mai, minister Samui Times (3 days ago) - A government minister has pointed to a rosy future for people applying for visas and...