Big Joke has spoken! No more tourist rip offs by tuk-tuk drivers in Chiang Mai
Bangkok Biz News reported that chief of immigration Lt Gen Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn had turned his attention to tuk-tuks ripping off tourists in Chiang Mai. The Lt Gen – whose domain far exceeds matters of immigration – also ordered the tourist police in the northern Thai city to check on the registration of vehicles ferrying tourists to and from temples and tourist attractions. He had received reports of tuk-tuks from outside the city preying on tourists. The cops in Chiang Mai heeded the call on Saturday by going to Wat Phra Singh where everything was found to be above board except for one driver who couldn’t produce a registration certificate saying his tuk-tuk was rented. The Department of Land Transport are looking into that one. Thai Visa / Bangkok Biz News The post Big Joke has spoken! No more tourist rip offs by tuk-tuk drivers in Chiang Mai appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Big Joke has spoken! No more tourist rip offs by tuk-tuk drivers in Chiang Mai, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Tuesday, 8 January
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Lost and found: 5.4 million meth pills and ‘ice’ discovered in Chiang Mai cave Phuket Gazette (Today) - PHOTOS: Maesai news online 5.4 million methamphetamine pills and 185 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine have been found hidden in a cave north of Chiang Mai. A border patrol police and...
- Vote! Smugglers' meth cache found in border cave Bangkok Post (Today) - CHIANG MAI: More than 5 million speed pills and 185kg of crystal methamphetamine have been found hidden in a cave deep inside a border forest in Chiang Dao district....
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Tuk-tuk baby birth! Cop barbershop? Deep south SIM card registry? || June 26 The Phuket News (Yesterday) - PHUKET XTRA - June 26 Tuk-tuk baby birth! |:| Deep south SIM card registry ’necessary’ |:| Charges after crane collapse |:| Patong tsunami-evacuation drill |:| Phuket City cops now offering...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - Eric Trump Says He Was Spit on at Chicago Cocktail Lounge
- - Study: Cervical Cancer Vaccines Show Major Real-World Impact
- - Rodrigo Duterte backflips on Chinese fishing in Philippine waters, insisting exclusive rights will not be waived
- - Thai car manufacturers upbeat about sales
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Tuk-tuk baby birth! Cop barbershop? Deep south SIM card registry? || June 26
- - US Supreme Court Limits Access to Commercial Data Shared With Federal Agencies