Big Joke demands only 30 seconds per person at immigration checkpoints
New immigration chief Maj Gen Surachate Hakparn has demanded that slow immigration staff speed up their act. The man known as Big Joke has promised improved, faster and satisfactory service in the future. This comes after he sent his deputy to the Sadao border with Malaysia. Earlier the chief at Satun and several underlings were transferred after severe delays there during the holiday weekend. Things were reportedly bad too at Sadao that is Thailand’s largest land crossing. It has 5000 to 8000 people crossing on a normal day and up to 15,000 on holidays. People were waiting for hours to cross at the weekend. Surachate or Big Joke dispatched his deputy Maj-Gen Itthiphon Itthisannachai to investigate in the far south. Itthiphon said that his chief’s policy was to provide a fast and improved service to tourists with no back-handers. And he had ordered that immigration staff take just 30 seconds... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Big Joke demands only 30 seconds per person at immigration checkpoints, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Malaysia Upholds Ban on Israeli Athletes from Taking Part in Swimming Competition
- - Thai hotel staff head home after surviving Nairobi terrorism
- - Peace talks with Taliban will happen soon: U.S. envoy
- - China to face Thailand Sunday at Asian Cup
- - Goldman boss apologises for 1MDB scandal
- - Kisenosato, Japan's last remaining sumo champion, retires
- - Phuket maid caught hiding 2,600 meth pills, 3kg of cannabis in client’s house
- - Air quality for Thailand – January 17
- - ‘Haute Cuisine:’ Weed Tom Yum Lands Briton In Hot Water
- - UK's Labour wants an election — but a second referendum is more likely, lawmaker says
- Older News
- Vote! US English teacher faces rape charge, meets Big Joke who says he’ll be prosecuted then thrown out of Thailand Samui Times (2 days ago) - Thai media has reported on the arrest of a US man of Pakistani origin...
- Vote! Thailand leading the way in combating international crime – 28 on “Red Notice” banged up in a month Samui Times (6 days ago) - Thailand’s police top brass turned out in force for the press yesterday to celebrate...