Big Joke crackdown on corruption: Four transferred amid bribes at immigration scandal
New Immigration chief Maj-Gen Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn has ordered the immediate transfer of four policemen after claims that his men were taking bribes came from China. The officers – that include one of very senior rank – will do clerical duties while an investigation into their activities takes place. It has been suggested that the officers took 200 baht per person on top of 2,000 baht visas to enter Thailand. The Maj-Gen told TNA that he accepts that the corruption has been going on for a long time. And despite the “No Tips” signs that have gone up nationwide it is still happening, he said. “We need to get this sorted out,” he said, “and clear up the immigration police and the damage such practices are causing to Thailand’s image”. One of those transferred to clerical duties is believed to carry the rank of superintendent or chief of police.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Big Joke crackdown on corruption: Four transferred amid bribes at immigration scandal, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington
- Older News
- Vote! Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) is a state investment fund that came under investigation for a...
- Vote! Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps Samui Times (3 days ago) - Visa agents in Laksi in Bangkok have been busted by immigration after they circumvented immigration...
- Vote! Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested Samui Times (3 days ago) - There was no let up in the Thai immigration drive to rid the country of...