Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps
Visa agents in Laksi in Bangkok have been busted by immigration after they circumvented immigration by issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps. The immigration site on Facebook said that their leader Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn personally led a raid on CBS World Co Ltd, a company that arranged for migrant workers to come to Thailand. They appeared to be catering to people from Myanmar. Arrested was a Thai man called Surawut Sinthawachiwa, 60, and Namfon, 42, a Myanmar national. Taken into evidence were 489 passports and 29 counterfeit stamps. The immigration site said that the pair had admitted running the business for 10 years and charging 1,500 to 2000 baht a time for the fake stamps. They said that a member of the public had alerted them to the fake stamps. INN reported that the arrests came after contact was made to immigration offices in Prajuab Khiri Khan and Nakorn Sawan where there were irregularities discovered in 90 day reporting stamps. Thai Visa The post Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Friday, 15 February
- Older News
- Vote! Big Joke: Two jobs done at Bangkok airport Samui Times (3 days ago) - Immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn announced the resolution of two cases at Suvarnabhumi International Airport yesterday. One involved a Thai woman using a passport with illegally added pages and the...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Tsunami alert declared for southern Thailand
- - Pheu Thai leads, but PPRP strong second
- - Polls Close in Thailand
- - Vigils Against Racism Held In New Zealand
- - Thais Cast Ballots Marking "A Return to Democracy"
- - Trash Talk: Tackling waste in Phuket
- - Patong Police to create LINE group with rental shops to monitor tourist bike riders
- - Phuket goes to the polls for national election
- - Revving up for Phuket Bike Week 2019
- - Phuket Opinion: A vote for everything, or a vote for nothing?