Bangladesh ex-PM jailed for graft, but likely to be freed on bail pending appeal
DHAKA (Reuters) - Former Bangladesh Prime Minister and opposition leader Khaleda Zia was jailed for five years for corruption on Thursday as thousands of supporters took to the streets of the capital to protest her innocence. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Bangladesh ex-PM jailed for graft, but likely to be freed on bail pending appeal, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'REUTERS ASIA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Human error and outdated IT led to Hakeem al-Araibi's detention, says border force official
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Pulwama attack: India warns of backlash against Kashmiri Muslims
- - Pulwama attack: Nine killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Seven killed in new Kashmir battle
- - Taxi blames oil spill for wipeout
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- Older News
- Vote! Maria Ressa: Head of Philippines news site Rappler freed on bail BBC News Asia (4 days ago) - Press freedom groups say the Duterte government is trying to suppress journalist Maria Ressa's work....
- Vote! Philippine journalist Maria Ressa released on bail after being arrested and charged with cyber libel SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (5 days ago) - Philippine journalist Maria Ressa was freed on bail on Thursday following an arrest that sparked...