Bangkok Meet Fails to Finalize Draft on Climate Change Rules
An international meeting in Bangkok has fallen short of its aim of completing fruitful preparations so an agreement can be reached in December on guidelines to implement the 2015 Paris climate change agreement. The six-day Bangkok meeting was scheduled to accelerate progress in the battle against rising global carbon emissions by adopting a completed text that could be presented at the COP24 conference in Poland in December. There are notable disagreements over fair financing for implementation of the rules by developing countries, and the scale and details of reporting progress. Patricia Espinosa, executive secretary for the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, said Sunday at the closing press briefing for the Bangkok meeting that progress was made on most issues, but nothing has been finalized.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Bangkok Meet Fails to Finalize Draft on Climate Change Rules, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Sunday, 9 September, 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Activists Want Democrats to Hold 2020 Primary Debate on Climate VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - SAN FRANCISCO — Democratic Party leaders are arguing over whether to hold a presidential primary debate exclusively on the climate crisis. Hundreds of activists were at the Democratic National...
- Older News
- Vote! Singapore hits back at Elon Musk, saying electric cars are a ‘lifestyle’ and mass transit better for climate SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - Singapore has a message for Elon Musk: Taking mass transit is a better climate-change solution than tooling around in one of his Tesla electric vehicles.The city state, which has said...
- Vote! China Hopes US Will Come Back to the Table at Chile Climate Talks VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - China hopes to welcome the United States "back to the negotiating table" to discuss global efforts to limit climate change at a United Nations summit to be hosted by Chile...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - China to Raise Tariffs on Another $75 Billion in US Goods
- - Climate change turns Greenland into strategic, economic hotspot
- - Hong Kong protesters target airport week after arrivals hall mayhem
- - UN: Myanmar Military Intended to Perpetrate Genocide Against Rohingya Muslims
- - Jewish Groups Speak Out Against Trump Immigration Policy
- - Crucial Round of US-Taliban Peace Talks Under Way
- - Crucial Round of US-Taliban Peace Talks Underway
- - US Tells Canada It's Urging China to Free Detained Canadians
- - New Sudan Sovereign Council Woman Vows to Uphold Rights of All
- - Nigerian Refugees Start Voluntary Return from Cameroon