Authorities: 8 dead at South China Subway Construction Site
Authorities in southern China say eight people have died and three are missing in a cave-in at a subway line construction site. The municipal government in Foshan said the collapse occurred at 8:40 p.m. Wednesday and that nine workers had been rescued and were in stable condition. Foshan is in the industrial heartland of Guangdong province close to the financial hub of Hong Kong. The site of the collapse was in a central area of the city beneath an eight-lane road. An area the size of two basketball courts sunk to a depth of 6 meters (20 feet), according to state broadcaster CCTV Water had been entering the site from leaks in pipes, which workers attempted to plug but ultimately caused a burst that led to the collapse, CCTV said. The line under construction runs for 23 kilometers (14 miles) through the city north of the provincial capital of Guangzhou,...
If you wish to read the full news article, Authorities: 8 dead at South China Subway Construction Site, simply click on
'Read full story' below, but give us a 'LIKE' or share 1st