Attempt to salvage half sunken garbage barge underway off Phi Phi Island
Local authorities and operator of a garbage barge were salvaging a half sunken garbage barge yesterday when it went out of control after developing engine trouble, and hit undersea rocks. The 15-metre long and 4-metre wide garbage barge, Chachandee, sank off Phi Phi Island in Tambon Ao Nang, Krabi province. The garbage barge which was modified from a fishing boat was on its way from Krabi to Phi Phi Island to load garbage on the island for disposal in the mainland. The skipper of the garbage barge said as it was sailing close to Phi Phi Island, the barge developed engine failure, forcing him to anchor off in the sea off the island. But at the time of the trouble, the wave was strong, blowing the barge away from the anchor. He said the boat then floated uncontroably, and hit the rocks. It cracked and began to take in water... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Attempt to salvage half sunken garbage barge underway off Phi Phi Island, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Inclusive plan urged to solve insurgency
- - December drop drags 2018 exports
- - Pattaya maps out water safety plan
- - Boffs to test Premchai's wife's tusks
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site
- - PPRP 'made a mistake' on farmers' land
- - Prawit promises better care for kids of illegal aliens
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - Sudarat, Chadchart dismiss rumours of rift
- - Prayut promises poll date 'coming soon'
- Older News
- Vote! I spent the first day of my honeymoon in a jail cell with my husband The Guardian (4 days ago) - I can’t sleep, I can’t breathe, knowing what awaits my husband, Hakeem al-AraibiOn 27 November...