ASEAN-Hong Kong, China Free Trade Agreement comes into force
The ASEAN – Hong Kong, China Free Trade Agreement (AHKFTA – that acronym’s never going to fly!), came into force this week for Hong Kong and five ASEAN member states, namely, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Under the AHKFTA, Hong Kong and Singapore will grant tariff-free access and keep their customs duties at zero upon entry into force of the agreement. Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand will eliminate customs duties on 85% of products traded with Hong Kong within the decade and reduce another 10% of tariff lines within 14 years. Indonesia and Vietnam will eliminate customs duties for 75% of their products within ten years, and reduce another 10% of tariff lines within 14 years. Meanwhile, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar will eliminate customs duties for 65% of their products within 15 years and reduce another 20% of tariff lines within 20 years. Dato’ Lim Jock Hoi, the Secretary-General of ASEAN says the agreement is a significant outcome for ASEAN and trading neighbours. “This is also reflective of ASEAN and Hong Kong’s support for a rules-based international trade system, and signals our commitment to strengthen trade and investment links among our nations.” It is ASEAN’s sixth free trade agreement with external partners, after China, Korea, Japan, India, and Australia-New Zealand. Thailand is the ASEAN Chair for 2019 and is hosting the 34th ASEAN Summit June 20-23 in Bangkok SOURCE: ASEAN The post ASEAN-Hong Kong, China Free Trade Agreement comes into force appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, ASEAN-Hong Kong, China Free Trade Agreement comes into force, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Friday, 14 June
- Older News
- Vote! Police Used Batons, Pepper Spray Against Protesters in Hong Kong PHuket Hotel Deals News (Yesterday) - Phuket Travel Tips And Advise - Phuket Travel, Real Estate & Property AgentAnti-government protesters who fought running battles with police inside a Hong Kong shopping center were “rioters,” city’s pro-Beijing...
- Vote! Nervous Hong Kong millionaires move cash to Singapore Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SINGAPORE: Private bankers are being flooded with inquiries from investors in Hong Kong who are worried about the long-term effects of the political crisis in the Chinese city....
- Vote! Hong Kong Demonstrators Again Clash With Police VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - Police used batons and pepper spray to disperse thousands of protesters who again took to the streets of a Hong Kong suburb to demand the complete withdrawal of a bill...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - IMF cut global growth GDP in 2019 to 3.3% warning of higher risk
- - Thailand seeking endorsement for 5 international airports
- - Phuket python caught feasting on Rawai chickens
- - Storm weather warning issued for Phuket
- - 30 bedroom Patong Hotel for lease
- - Phuket surf warning issued as storm conditions rise
- - Phuket Town main road to close one lane for sports parade
- - After Phuket student killed by electrocution, officials assure public park areas are safe
- - Modern Apartments in Patong for sale
- - Apollo Mission Control Room Reopened to Mark Moon Landing Anniversary