As Trump pushes Iran into Chinese arms, Asia fears ‘second cold war’
Worsening US-Iran tensions are raising fears among Asian countries of Tehran’s pivot to China and Russia, potentially sparking a second cold war, experts at a conference in Singapore said on Tuesday.Hitoshi Tanaka, Japan’s former deputy minister for foreign affairs, said Washington’s sanctions on Iran would force it to “seek alternative measures to survive”.The Trump administration has unleashed a campaign of “maximum pressure” against Iran this year, to force it to limit its nuclear and…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, As Trump pushes Iran into Chinese arms, Asia fears ‘second cold war’, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Tuesday, 13 August
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Trade war alone did not cause the slump in Asia’s export hubs, but Donald Trump ‘blocking’ recovery SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - For the first seven years she designed semiconductors, Cindy Tam was never able to explain exactly what she did for a living to her family.“The best they could understand was...
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Trump says 'many options' on Iran response Bangkok Post (Today) - LOS ANGELES - US President Donald Trump said Wednesday he has "many options" in addition to military strikes against Iran and that details of newly announced sanctions will come within...
- Older News
- Vote! US singles out Iran, readies response to Saudi oil attacks Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - WASHINGTON: The United States readied its response Monday to the "unprecedented" attack on Saudi oil facilities as President Donald Trump said Iran was likely to blame, fanning new fears of...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Polarized Politics Deepens Divide Over Who Is a 'Real' American
- - France’s Macron Toughens Immigration Stance Amid Fears of More Asylum Seekers
- - LA 'Tent Cities' Becoming Shantytowns, Expert Says
- - Trump 'Substantially' Increases Iran Sanctions, Blaming Tehran for Saudi Oil Field Attacks
- - Sri Lanka to hold presidential vote on Nov. 16
- - Pakistan refuses permission for Modi to fly across its airspace
- - Pakistani plan for media courts sparks fears for press freedom
- - Crossing on Pakistani-Afghan border expands to 24 hours in bid to boost trade
- - Pakistan PM to urge Trump to restart Afghan peace talks
- - UK Government Insists Suspension of Parliament Was Not Illegal