As Trade War Persists, Japan's Abe Heads for First Visit to China
The U.S.-China trade war is helping push Beijing and Tokyo closer. How close will become clearer later this week, when Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe makes his first visit to China since taking office in 2012. Analysts say the three-day trip is unlikely to resolve historic territorial disputes between the two sides, but it will provide Abe and Chinese President Xi Jinping a rare opportunity to warm ties and try to advance key policy agendas. Abe arrives Thursday in Beijing accompanied by an entourage of more than 500 business leaders who, with their Chinese counterparts, will attend an investment forum focusing on collaboration in third countries. As relations between Beijing and Washington worsen, China is looking to build closer ties with Abe, a leader who has visited the United States frequently and has sought to build a friendly relationship with U.S. President Donald Trump. “For Abe, this is an opportunity... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, As Trade War Persists, Japan's Abe Heads for First Visit to China, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Malaysia Upholds Ban on Israeli Athletes from Taking Part in Swimming Competition
- - Thai hotel staff head home after surviving Nairobi terrorism
- - Peace talks with Taliban will happen soon: U.S. envoy
- - China to face Thailand Sunday at Asian Cup
- - Goldman boss apologises for 1MDB scandal
- - Kisenosato, Japan's last remaining sumo champion, retires
- - Phuket maid caught hiding 2,600 meth pills, 3kg of cannabis in client’s house
- - Air quality for Thailand – January 17
- - ‘Haute Cuisine:’ Weed Tom Yum Lands Briton In Hot Water
- - UK's Labour wants an election — but a second referendum is more likely, lawmaker says
- New In Last Half Hour
- Vote! Chinese Trade Negotiator to Visit US in Late January VOA NEWS (Today) - China’s economic czar, Vice Premier Liu He, will travel to the United States later this...
- Older News
- Vote! Russia Toughens Stance in Islands Dispute With Japan VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - Russia's top diplomat on Monday threw cold water on Tokyo's hopes for a quick return...
- Vote! Russia Toughens its Stance in Islands Dispute with Japan VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - Russia's top diplomat on Monday threw cold water on Tokyo's hopes for a quick return...