Arrests Of Visa Scofflaws Good For Tourism: Big Joke
Nearly 500 foreigners were arrested this week on visa violations in the latest raid police said early Friday morning will benefit tourism. Immigration Bureau police commander Lt. Gen. Surachate Hakparn paraded the newly arrested foreigners at 1am on Friday through the parking lot of Bangkok’s Montien Riverside hotel starting, announcing that they had netted a total of 490 foreigners overnight. “We’ve been working through the new year,” Surachate said. “As of now, in the entire land, there are zero overstays.” He said the raids would be a boon to Thai tourism. “We are confident that tourism will improve due to our continuous and decisive raids and operations,” he said. “People who stay here have to do so legally.” Friday’s operation was the 42nd episode of a crackdown that began in 2017 as “Operation Black Eagle” before being rebranded to the less racially charged “X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner.” Police say the raids... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Arrests Of Visa Scofflaws Good For Tourism: Big Joke, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Vampire bat breakthrough shows bloodsuckers could save lives
- - Asia stocks trade higher as China says its economy grew 6.6 percent in 2018
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Ex-Nissan Chairman Ghosn Asks for Bail, Promises Not to Flee
- Older News
- Vote! Waiver of visa-on-arrival fees to boost Chinese New Year tourism Samui Times (3 days ago) - The exemption of fees for visa on arrival is expected to draw more Chinese tourists...
- Vote! Don’t rip off tourists – be good hosts! – Pattaya tourism leader implores Thais Samui Times (6 days ago) - A Pattaya business and tourism leader has implored his compatriots not to rip off...