Argentine Official, in China, Talks Nuclear Deal and Soymeal
Argentina indicated its interest on Tuesday in moving forward with China on initiatives including construction of the country's fourth nuclear power plant and exporting locally processed soymeal to China, the government said following bilateral meetings in Beijing.If finalized, the nuclear plant, reportedly worth up to $8 billion, would be one of the biggest projects financed in Argentina by China, which has become a key trading partner for Argentina and its biggest non-institutional lender.Argentina's cabinet chief Marcos Pena said "there is an intention to move forward" with the plant's construction in a government statement following his meeting in Beijing with China's Vice Premier Minister Hu Chunhua.Pena will head from Beijing to the G20 summit in Japan.An Argentine government official said in April that China's own Hualong One reactor design would be a good choice for the plant. This month, China completed the outer safety dome at its first overseas "Hualong One" nuclear reactor in Pakistan.The Argentine nuclear project, agreed under former President Cristina Fernandez, has stalled under the administration of Mauricio Macri, though government officials have signaled their intentions to reach a final agreement with China in the past year.Pena also highlighted bilateral discussions aimed at allowing Argentine exports of soy derivatives like soymeal livestock feed to China. On Monday Argentina also sent its first shipment of refrigerated beef to Shanghai."You see very strong dynamism and a broad opening in terms of access to markets," Pena said.Argentina, which already sells raw soybeans to China to be processed into meal there, has been lobbying hard for permission to sell soymeal to directly feed the world's biggest hog herd.The trade war between Washington and Beijing has hit Argentina's soy crushing industry hard. A glut of U.S. soybeans has pushed down the price of manufacturing U.S. meal, undercutting Argentine exports to customers in Europe... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Argentine Official, in China, Talks Nuclear Deal and Soymeal, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Tuesday, 25 June
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! N. Korea warns US-S. Korea drills will affect nuclear talks Bangkok Post (Today) - SEOUL: North Korea on Tuesday said looming US-South Korea military drills could impact the proposed resumption of nuclear talks between Pyongyang and Washington, and hinted that it could reconsider its...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! EU Announces Strides in Iran Trade Mechanism Amid Nuclear Deal Scramble VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - The European Union says talks are under way on whether a barter mechanism aimed at salvaging some trade with Iran might include oil, as Europeans scramble to ease tensions between...
- Older News
- Vote! French envoy holds talks in Tehran in bid to salvage nuclear deal Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - TEHRAN: A diplomatic adviser to French President Emmanuel Macron held talks in Tehran Wednesday aimed at saving the 2015 nuclear deal and easing tensions between Iran and the United States....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - IMF cut global growth GDP in 2019 to 3.3% warning of higher risk
- - Thailand seeking endorsement for 5 international airports
- - Phuket python caught feasting on Rawai chickens
- - Storm weather warning issued for Phuket
- - 30 bedroom Patong Hotel for lease
- - Phuket surf warning issued as storm conditions rise
- - Phuket Town main road to close one lane for sports parade
- - After Phuket student killed by electrocution, officials assure public park areas are safe
- - Modern Apartments in Patong for sale
- - Apollo Mission Control Room Reopened to Mark Moon Landing Anniversary