Apple CEO Warns Trump About China Tariffs, Samsung Competition
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Sunday that he has spoken with Apple Inc's Chief Executive Tim Cook about the impact of U.S. tariffs on Chinese imports as well as competition from South Korean company Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.Trump said Cook "made a good case" that tariffs could hurt Apple given that Samsung's products would not be subject to those same tariffs. Tariffs on an additional $300 billion worth of Chinese goods, including consumer electronics, are scheduled to go into effect in two stages on Sept. 1 and Dec. 15."I thought he made a very compelling argument, so I'm thinking about it," Trump said.Trump made the comments while speaking with reporters on the Tarmac at the Morristown, New Jersey, airport.Apple was not immediately available for comment outside normal business hours. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Apple CEO Warns Trump About China Tariffs, Samsung Competition, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Sunday, 18 August
- Older News
- Vote! Lawmakers Asking 4 Big Tech Companies for Documents in Probe VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - House lawmakers investigating the market dominance of Big Tech are asking Google, Facebook, Amazon and Apple for a broad range of documents including internal communications.Letters went out to the four...
- Vote! Asia stocks rise as Trump delays tariffs on China CNBC - ASIA (3 days ago) - U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted Wednesday that increased tariffs on 250 billion dollars worth of Chinese goods that were set to kick in on October 1 have now been delayed...
- Vote! Asia stocks edge up as Trump delays tariffs on China CNBC - ASIA (3 days ago) - U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted Wednesday that increased tariffs on 250 billion dollars worth of Chinese goods that were set to kick in on October 1 have now been delayed...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Afghan Government Says Elections First, Peace Deal Afterward
- - Bangkok losing its gloss
- - Congo: Confirmed Ebola Deaths Near 2,000, Cases Over 3,000
- - Osama bin Laden's son Hamza killed in U.S. raid, Trump says
- - Phuket Opinion: Dangling the carrot
- - Tropical Storm Warning Discontinued in Bahamas
- - 'Bull' Wins Top Prize at Deauville
- - Zimbabwe's Mugabe Gets Tepid Turnout at Final Public Sendoff
- - Afghan Taliban send team to Russia after U.S. talks collapse
- - US Hospital Ship Dispatched for Migrants in Trinidad and Tobago