AOT reveal plans to build new airports in Chiang Mai and Phuket
Airports of Thailand have announced plans to build new airports in Chiang Mai and Phuket in order to meet an increase in passenger growth in the coming years. Both of the current airports in Chiang Mai and Phuket can not be expanded so sites have already been selected for construction of two completely new airports, TNA reported. At an AOT board meeting held on Thursday, it was agreed the two new airports would be built as part of a larger project to build 6 new airports in Thailand. AOT said that by 2038, 137,790 flights will be arriving at Chiang Mai airport, bring some 23.33 million passengers. However, the current planned expansion of the city’s airport which is due for completion by 2025 would only accommodate 20 million passengers. It’s a similar story in Phuket, where despite a recent upgrade the airport simply isn’t large enough to cope with the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, AOT reveal plans to build new airports in Chiang Mai and Phuket, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Thai hotel staff head home after surviving Nairobi terrorism
- - Peace talks with Taliban will happen soon: U.S. envoy
- - Swedish tourist rescued at Patong Beach
- - PM searching for haze solution
- - Apirat tells protesters not to 'cross the line'
- - PM okays B17.5m for housing project
- - China to face Thailand Sunday at Asian Cup
- - Goldman boss apologises for 1MDB scandal
- - Kisenosato, Japan's last remaining sumo champion, retires
- - Malaysia Upholds Ban on Israeli Athletes from Taking Part in Swimming Competition
- Older News
- Vote! “Visa and work permit in half an hour” – no more time wasting in Chiang Mai, minister Samui Times (Yesterday) - A government minister has pointed to a rosy future for people applying for visas and...
- Vote! Weather for January 15 Phuket Gazette (2 days ago) - Bangkok Phuket Chiang Mai Ko Samui Songkhla Pattaya The post Weather for January...
- Vote! Missing girl Yoyo found safe in Chiang Mai Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - UPDATE The missing 14-year-old school girl Tipayarat "Yoyo" Laosuwanpong was found safe late Thursday in...