Alibaba Initiates $3Bln Partnership with Thai Gov in Support of Thailand 4.0
The e-commerce giant’s executive chairman, Jack Ma, was in Thailand this week and has become the first big name to join Thailand’s plan to upgrade its economy known as Thailand 4.0. According to Jack Ma statement during a press conference held in Bangkok, the group’s investment in Thailand will be at least US$3 billion (93.6 billion baht) over the next five years. The Government of Thailand and Alibaba entered into a strategic partnership to drive the development of Thailand’s digital economy and the Eastern Economic Corridor under the Thailand 4.0 policy. Thailand 4.0 endeavours to transform the Kingdom’s economy from one reliant on manufacturing existing products designed by others to one driven by innovation, research and development, creativity and the development of higher technologies and green industries. Alibaba’s Jack Ma pledges US$3 billion investment in Thailand 4.0 Mr. Somkid Jatusripitak, who is government ministry of economy and deputy prime minister,... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Alibaba Initiates $3Bln Partnership with Thai Gov in Support of Thailand 4.0, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thailand Business News'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Thai General Elections Set for March
- - Pakistan unveils tax cuts, incentives to boost growth
- - Malaysian royals to pick new king after historic abdication
- - Horse named 'Australian of the year'
- - Real Madrid take top spot from Man Utd in 'money league'
- - Call for Patong Hill caution as tour bus involved in multiple-vehicle wipeout
- - More gun-toting drug suspects arrested
- - German man dies after seven-storey fall in Patong
- - Thailand to hold elections on 24 March
- - Army: ‘No knowledge’ of dead activists stuffed with concrete