Alex Morgan, US Women's Soccer Team Honored at The ESPYS
The U.S. women's national soccer team celebrated its Women's World Cup victory on both coasts Wednesday, honored with a ticker tape parade in New York City before jetting to the West Coast and collecting trophies at The ESPYS.Alex Morgan won female athlete of the year and shared the best team award with her soccer mates.“Sorry, but this is probably the second-best trophy we won this week,” Morgan said jokingly, hoisting her individual trophy.As she got up from the front row, Megan Rapinoe's black tuxedo jacket opened and exposed part of her left breast, which was caught by cameras showing the in-house feed of the show. An ABC spokesperson said the show would be further edited for the Mountain and Western time zones.“I've dropped the F-bomb on every stage I've been on for the last three days, so we'll just spare you that,” Rapinoe told the audience.Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks won male athlete of the year at the show honoring the past year's top athletes and moments in sports.“This is all about hard work. When you believe in your dreams this can happen,” Antetokounmpo said. “Hopefully, if I keep working hard there's more to come.”NBA player Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks, accepts the award for best male athlete at the ESPY Awards, July 10, 2019, at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.Comedian Tracy Morgan presided over the show at Microsoft Theater in downtown Los Angeles.Alex Morgan thanked ESPN for its recent deal to televise NWSL games.“When the World Cup is behind us, it is the professional league that we need to continually lift up and grow,” she said. “Investment in women and girls should not only occur on the playing fields but in more storytelling of badass, amazing women who continue to show that we are more than... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Alex Morgan, US Women's Soccer Team Honored at The ESPYS, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Thursday, 11 July
- Older News
- Vote! Border Crossings: Alex di Leo VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - Nashville-based singer/songwriter Alex Di Leo recently released his sophomore EP, “Strange Open Land.” This is the follow-up to his debut EP, “So We Go” —a 2016 release that landed Di Leo on the top 20 at more...
- Vote! Taylor Swift Urges Fans to Back Equal Pay for US Women's Soccer Team VOA NEWS (7 days ago) - Singer Taylor Swift has urged her millions of fans to get behind the U.S. women's soccer team's fight for equal pay, saying the world champions had taken a "historic stand"...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - The Next Unicorn Startup Might Be in a US Government Lab
- - Iran Tanker Sails From Gibraltar
- - Danish PM: Trump's Idea of Buying Greenland is 'Absurd'
- - Activists: Airstrikes Halt Turkish Convoy on Road in Syria
- - Afghanistan blasts wound dozens on Independence Day
- - Jeju, Bangkok, Da Nang top 3 travel picks for South Koreans
- - Universities must collaborate to meet huge EEC demand: Somkid
- - Sudan's Bashir got $90m from Saudi, investigator tells court
- - Your Easy Guide to Passing Cisco 200-125 Exam
- - U of Malaya lecturer detained at immigration again