Air-conditioned train from Bangkok to Pattaya to be launched on March 17
The State Railways of Thailand (SRT) has announced the launch of the weekend air-conditioned train services from Bangkok to Pattaya and Sattahip in Chon Buri, beginning March 17 to promote tourism to tourist destinations in the country’s eastern economic corridor (EEC). The weekend second-class train services will be on a six month trial service from March 17 to September 30. Only one train will be put in service on the weekend trip. The SRT said it will use Sprinter train on the route from Bangkok to Pattaya and Plutaluang railway stations in Chon Buri. The launch of this special Sprinter train 997/998 service is aimed majorly on promoting tourism to tourist destinations in the EEC which is now promoted to become a new special economic zone geared toward advanced technology such as aviation and automation, according to the SRT. These tourist destinations include Si Chang Island, Khao Kheow Open Zoo, Sri Racha Tiger Zoo, Japanese Park, Sri Racha and Koh Loi. The No 997 train will depart Bangkok railway station at 6.45am and arrive at Pattaya at 9.13am, and Plutaluang at 9.59am. Along the route from Bangkok, the train will stop at Makkasan, Klongtan, Hua Mark, Lat Krabang, Hua Takhe, Chachoengsao junction, Chon Buri, Sri Racha, Pattaya, Pattaya Floating Market), Yan Sangvararam, Nong Nooch Pattaya Garden, and Plutaluang. On the return trip to Bangkok, the No 998 train will depart Plutaluang at 3.50pm, and arrive at Bangkok station at 6.55pm. The train fare will be 170 baht from Bangkok to Plutaluang. At Pattaya station, there will be pickup truck and Tuk Tuk service from the station to Pattaya beach and Balihai bay for tourists wanting to take boat service to Koh Larn Island, floating market and Nong Nooch garden. Reservation for seats on the Sprinter train from Bangkok to Plutaluang station... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Air-conditioned train from Bangkok to Pattaya to be launched on March 17, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Thursday, 8 March, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Three killed when train hits stalled truck on crossing Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - NAKHON SAWAN: Two adults and a child were killed and another person injured when their stalled truck was hit by a Phichit-Bangkok train at a level crossing in Takhli district...
- Vote! E-train scheme sped up to counter jams Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - The Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) has been instructed to expedite efforts to construct electric train projects and return road lanes to ease congestion in Bangkok, Deputy Prime...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Tsunami alert declared for southern Thailand
- - Pheu Thai leads, but PPRP strong second
- - Polls Close in Thailand
- - Vigils Against Racism Held In New Zealand
- - Thais Cast Ballots Marking "A Return to Democracy"
- - Trash Talk: Tackling waste in Phuket
- - Thai military party neck and neck with Pheu Thai opponent
- - PPRP poised to win most votes, Abhisit quits
- - Japan cancels deportation of Taiwanese man in same-sex relationship
- - 1,500 ballots from New Zealand invalidated after late arrival