Activists decry Sri Lankan president's praise for Duterte's drugs war
Human rights groups expressed alarm at Sri Lanka's leader on Friday for praising Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte and his bloody war on drugs as an "example to the whole world". ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Activists decry Sri Lankan president's praise for Duterte's drugs war, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: REUTERS ASIA NEWS - Friday, 18 January
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte tries to smooth over South China Sea tensions in meeting with China’s Xi Jinping SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte tried to play down tensions over the South China Sea and restated his support for Beijing’s contentious global infrastructure and trade plan as he courted Chinese...
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Sri Lanka's defence secretary quits following suicide bomb attacks REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Today) - Sri Lankan Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando told Reuters on Thursday that he had resigned, taking responsibility for the suicide bomber attacks on the country last Sunday. ...
- Vote! Sri Lanka's crisis of leadership opens space for nationalist Rajapaksas REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Today) - Sri Lanka's former president Mahinda Rajapaksa and his brother, then the defence secretary, crushed Tamil Tiger separatists with such ferocity ten years ago that Western powers sought war crime trials...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Thailand resisting falling into rail debt trap
- - Free emergency water to be delivered to Kamala residents
- - 49 bedroom Patong beach Hotel for sale
- - 3.6 million coronation souvenir coins ordered
- - Boat sinks with dozens of schoolchildren on-board at Koh Tao pier
- - Update on The Man Who Sleeps With Rats
- - ANZAC Day at Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
- - Philippines open for business with China, but stands firm on insisting Beijing respects its sovereignty: trade secretary
- - Papuans Challenge Indonesian Rule at Country's Highest Court
- - Latest K-pop sex scandal allegations expose the realities of women’s status in patriarchal South Korea