ABS-CBN Documentaries to screen in Hong Kong
Mar 22, 2019 Picture: Tackling the rise of HIV cases and the ‘Hallyu’ phenomenon in PH ABS-CBN DocuCentral’s two documentaries—“HIV Rising,” which tackles the growing number of HIV cases in the Philippines and “Hallyu and I,” an in-depth look on the Korean wave phenomenon—will be showcased to global audiences as it screens in the Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART) next week. Dubbed as Asia’s largest entertainment market fair, Hong Kong FILMART gathers industry professionals to exhibit their best works, launch projects, and more from March 18 to 21. This year’s fair will screen to attendees “HIV Rising” on March 18 and “Hallyu and I” on March 20 after both documentaries premiered last year in the country via ABS-CBN. “HIV Rising,” a documentary of award-winning broadcast journalist Korina Sanchez-Roxas, aims to shed light on Filipinos who live with HIV and AIDS and investigates probable links of the rising HIV cases to the “hook up” culture. Experts from the Department of Health (DOH), Department of Education (DepEd), the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, and various NGOs also share their insights in this slow epidemic affecting the Philippines. Meanwhile, in “Hallyu and I,” ABS-CBN reporter Marie Lozano flies to South Korea to uncover what makes Korean culture so well loved by Filipinos and other nationalities from across the globe. To understand the “Hallyu” phenomenon, Marie visits shoot locations of Korean drama series, interviews Korean superstar Lee Dong-Wook of “Goblin,” samples traditional Korean dishes, and immerses herself in Korean beauty and fashion in the Myeongdong district. DocuCentral is the documentary arm of ABS-CBN Integrated News behind award-winning and critically-acclaimed documentaries including “Di Ka Pasisiil.” Follow @DocuCentral on Facebook and Twitter. --- KANE ERROL CHOA, Head of ABS-CBN Corporate Communications Mobile: +639189095263 Email: [email protected] HENRY BARRAMEDA, PR Manager of ABS-CBN Mobile:... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, ABS-CBN Documentaries to screen in Hong Kong, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Friday, 22 March
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong court overturns Tsang's misconduct conviction Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: A Hong Kong court on Wednesday threw out former Chief Executive Donald Tsang's conviction for misconduct relating to a property deal while in office....
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! ABS-CBN’s Crime Drama to Thrill Viewers in Kazakhstan ASIA TODAY (Yesterday) - Jun 25, 2019 Picture: “The Blood Sisters,” ABS-CBN’s 2018 hit crime drama series about separated triplets who are reunited after a case of mistaken identity, is set to capture...
- Older News
- Vote! UN: Hong Kong Should Consult Broadly on Extradition Bill VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights is urging Hong Kong authorities to "consult broadly before passing or amending” an extradition bill or “any other legislation,” as protests in...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - In NATO Debut, New Pentagon Chief Aims to ‘Internationalize' Iran Effort
- - Eneco Holdings, Inc. to Spark Fuel Revolution with Low-Price, High-Concentration, Scalable Hydrogen-generation Technology
- - Georgian Parliament Elects Ruling Party Candidate as New Speaker
- - Argentine Official, in China, Talks Nuclear Deal and Soymeal
- - Rescue team delivers baby girl in tuk-tuk stuck in Phuket traffic jam
- - Three arrested with over 12,000 meth pills and crystal meth in Thalang, Phuket