ABS-CBN Documentaries to screen in Hong Kong
Mar 22, 2019 Picture: Tackling the rise of HIV cases and the ‘Hallyu’ phenomenon in PH ABS-CBN DocuCentral’s two documentaries—“HIV Rising,” which tackles the growing number of HIV cases in the Philippines and “Hallyu and I,” an in-depth look on the Korean wave phenomenon—will be showcased to global audiences as it screens in the Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART) next week. Dubbed as Asia’s largest entertainment market fair, Hong Kong FILMART gathers industry professionals to exhibit their best works, launch projects, and more from March 18 to 21. This year’s fair will screen to attendees “HIV Rising” on March 18 and “Hallyu and I” on March 20 after both documentaries premiered last year in the country via ABS-CBN. “HIV Rising,” a documentary of award-winning broadcast journalist Korina Sanchez-Roxas, aims to shed light on Filipinos who live with HIV and AIDS and investigates probable links of the rising HIV cases to the “hook up” culture. Experts from the Department of Health (DOH), Department of Education (DepEd), the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, and various NGOs also share their insights in this slow epidemic affecting the Philippines. Meanwhile, in “Hallyu and I,” ABS-CBN reporter Marie Lozano flies to South Korea to uncover what makes Korean culture so well loved by Filipinos and other nationalities from across the globe. To understand the “Hallyu” phenomenon, Marie visits shoot locations of Korean drama series, interviews Korean superstar Lee Dong-Wook of “Goblin,” samples traditional Korean dishes, and immerses herself in Korean beauty and fashion in the Myeongdong district. DocuCentral is the documentary arm of ABS-CBN Integrated News behind award-winning and critically-acclaimed documentaries including “Di Ka Pasisiil.” Follow @DocuCentral on Facebook and Twitter. --- KANE ERROL CHOA, Head of ABS-CBN Corporate Communications Mobile: +639189095263 Email: [email protected] HENRY BARRAMEDA, PR Manager of ABS-CBN Mobile:... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, ABS-CBN Documentaries to screen in Hong Kong, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Friday, 22 March
- New In Last 5 Minutes
- Vote! Asia markets poised to gain; Australian and Hong Kong markets closed for Easter Monday CNBC - ASIA (Today) - Stocks in Asia were set to see opening gains on Monday morning, while markets in Australia and Hong Kong were closed for the Easter Monday holiday....
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Two Chinese nationals reported dead in Sri Lanka Easter Sunday bombings that killed scores of people, but Hong Kong tour groups and flight crews are safe SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - Two mainland Chinese national were among more than 200 people reported killed in deadly Easter Sunday terror attacks across Sri Lanka.More than 20 Hong Kong members of a tour group,...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! One Chinese national reported dead in Sri Lanka Easter Sunday bombings that killed scores of people, but Hong Kong tour groups and flight crews are safe SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - One mainland Chinese national was among at least 190 reported dead and scores wounded in deadly Easter Sunday terror attacks across Sri Lanka.More than 20 Hong Kong members of a...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - PM2.5 levels surge in Chiang Rai
- - Thai woman murdered in Portugal
- - South firms upset at gas canister switch
- - Push for murder charges against drink-drivers divides force
- - Setting the record straight
- - Man found dead in pickup truck
- - Over 6,900 houses damaged by storms this month
- - PM pleased Thailand rated as “least miserable” country for 2019
- - People flock to marijuana fair in Buri Ram
- - Fishing trip boats destroyed by fire