About 23,000 young corals being relocated from Maya Bay
Park officials at the famous Maya Bay, in Thailand’s southern province of Krabi, are busily relocating about 23,000 young corals from the shallows into deeper water to prevent them from possible damage by strong waves during the monsoon season. Mr. Worapote Lomlim, chief of Haad Nopparat Thara Phi-Phi Islands national park, said Sunday that the ecological system and environment of Maya Bay, or Ao Maya, have improved satisfactorily after the bay was closed to all unauthorized visitors and tourists ten months ago. He said, with coral bleaching not as serious as last year, the corals have regenerated and black-tipped coral sharks have returned to the bay. Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/about-23000-young-corals-being-relocated-from-maya-bay/ The post About 23,000 young corals being relocated from Maya Bay appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, About 23,000 young corals being relocated from Maya Bay, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Monday, 20 May
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! The future of Phi Phi’s Maya Bay – may open for “limited” tourism again in 2021 Samui Times (Today) - Thai Rath reported that the Tourism Department of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports had set up a 25 person committee to look into all aspects of the possible re-opening...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Thais warned to take precautions against chikungunya fever
- - Trump Says He Did Nothing Wrong in Call with Ukrainian Leader
- - 'Game of Thrones,' 'Veep' Aim for Records at Emmy Awards
- - 3 bedroom private pool Villa for sale Rawai
- - Are dictatorships better than democracies at fighting climate change?
- - Steps forward: The zero waste shop doing more than saving the environment
- - Pakistan Bus Crash Kills 26; Brakes Fail on Mountain Road
- - Travel Firm Thomas Cook Teeters on Edge as Talks Continue
- - Afghanistan's Taliban meets Chinese government in Beijing
- - For ‘pretties’, wages high, but also risk