Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years
Crime Suppression Division officers moved to arrest an abbot at a well known Suphanburi temple after he had evaded capture for 15 years on attempted murder charges. Paphonsan Phetphan, 40, was taken into custody at Wat Ror Charoen in Bang Pla Ma district on Thursday and taken to Tha Sala police station in Nakorn Sri Thammarat for interrogation. He was wanted on two warrants of attempted murder and gun related offences. The incidents occurred in Tha Sala in 2004 and on Koh Samui in 2005. The monk admitted to the former charge but denies being involved in the incident on Samui. He said that he and others laid in wait in Tha Sala for a rival with whom they had argued. The rival was shot sustaining grievous injuries. Following the incidents he ordained into the monkhood rising up the ecclesiastic order until he became an abbot in Suphanburi. Thai Visa / Daily News The post Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Friday, 15 February
- Older News
- Vote! Hospital intruder faces four charges Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - UBON RATCHATHANI: An angry man who tried to attack a rival being treated at a hospital in Lao Sue Kok on Sunday has faced four charges, including attempted murder....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Bomb in Afghan mosque kills senior cleric during Friday prayers
- - Doctors could be dishing out weed by end of June
- - HK leader decries German asylum for 'bail jumpers'
- - Thailand’s King Vajiralongkorn urges post-election parliament to focus on national stability
- - Three Indians die on overcrowded Everest
- - Trump Heads to Japan for State Visit
- - Indian election results: What next for Rahul Gandhi and Congress after their flop at the polls?
- - Chartthaipattana ties knot with Palang Pracharath
- - Sri Lanka in talks with India, Japan to build container terminal in Colombo
- - Pot prescriptions possible by end of June