A reduction of 100 million+ plastic bags at 7-eleven stores in one month
More than 100 million plastic bags have not bee used at Thailand’s 7-eleven stores in the past month, valued at more than 20 million baht. CP All Public Company, the sole operator of 7-Eleven convenience stores in Thailand, announced its intention to reduce and, eventually, to eliminate the use of single-use plastic bags at all their stores throughout the country. Read more about that program HERE. Siamrath news is reporting that 102,323,402 plastic bags have been rejected or unused between December 7 to January 13. The savings, some 20,464,681 baht, will now be donated to Siriraj Hospital. The post A reduction of 100 million+ plastic bags at 7-eleven stores in one month appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, A reduction of 100 million+ plastic bags at 7-eleven stores in one month, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Monday, 14 January, 2019
- Older News
- Vote! Marium death spurs 'dugong masterplan' talks Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment will hold a special meeting on Monday to discuss the "national dugong masterplan", following the death of Marium, a baby dugong who died...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Census Figures Show Economic Gap Narrows with Citizenship
- - Post-Brexit US-UK Trade Deal Under Threat
- - FBI: Truck Driver Threatened Mass Shooting at Memphis Church
- - 25th James Bond Film Gets a Title: 'No Time to Die'
- - Earth's Future Being Written in Fast-Melting Greenland
- - Israeli, US Militaries Simulate Ship Hijacking Amid Tensions
- - Italian PM Conte to Resign After League Party Pulls Backing
- - U.S. envoy to visit Qatar, Afghanistan for peace talks
- - U.S. warns Sri Lanka on investment, military ties after army chief promotion
- - It’s All About Presidential Memorabilia