800 million baht of drugs seized in three recent busts
by Jessada Chantharak Police have seized a total of eight million methamphetamine pills, 2,070 grams of crystal methamphetamine and 1,546 grams of cocaine with an estimated street value of 800 million baht from three recent drug busts. Four suspects were arrested and a fifth was killed during arrest. The report from the national police deputy commissioner Pol General Chalermkiat Srivorakan. In the first case, police arrested three hill tribe men aged between 23-27 27 year old Boonsong Wusueku was killed in a gunfight with police during the arrests. Eight million meth pills, three pick-up trucks, a pistol and five cell phones were seized in the March 16 bust in Chiang Rai province. The three men had been charged with having illicit drugs in their possession with intent to sell. In the second case police and customs officials arrested 47 year old Bamba Adama, from Ivory Coast, who allegedly smuggled 1,546 grams of cocaine in his stomach at the Suvarnabhumi Airport. He has been charged with smuggling cocaine into Thailand and possessing cocaine with intent to sell. In the third case, a 28 year old Thai man, Anucha Krinwongsa from Nan, was arrested on March 19 with 2,070 grams of crystal methamphetamine at Suvarnabhumi Airport. His arrests followed a tip-off a day earlier about a batch of drugs to be smuggled out of the country via the airport. Anucha was apprehended after officers found the “ice” hidden in his luggage. He was charged with drug possession with intent to sell and attempting to smuggle drugs out of the country. SOURCE: The Nation The post 800 million baht of drugs seized in three recent busts appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, 800 million baht of drugs seized in three recent busts, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Thursday, 21 March
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Malaysia detains 4 Indians, seizes drugs, 5,255 turtles Bangkok Post (Today) - SEPANG, Malaysia: Malaysia authorities have arrested four Indians and seized more than 14 kilogrammes of drugs and over 5,000 turtles from their luggage at the Kuala Lumpur airport....
- Older News
- Vote! Counterfeit clothing seized in Pattaya raid Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - PHOTOS: Pattaya Message Officers have seized counterfeit goods at shops along Pattaya Beach yesterday. Pattaya officers raided a department store near the city’s beach area. Officers have seized counterfeit goods such...
- Vote! Drugs crackdown lands more arrests, along with hair care products The Phuket News (5 days ago) - PHUKET: Police have arrested two more men for drugs in Rassada in their ongoing campaign against drugs on the island and are hunting yet another suspect wanted for drugs following...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - In NATO Debut, New Pentagon Chief Aims to ‘Internationalize' Iran Effort
- - Eneco Holdings, Inc. to Spark Fuel Revolution with Low-Price, High-Concentration, Scalable Hydrogen-generation Technology
- - Georgian Parliament Elects Ruling Party Candidate as New Speaker
- - Argentine Official, in China, Talks Nuclear Deal and Soymeal
- - Rescue team delivers baby girl in tuk-tuk stuck in Phuket traffic jam
- - Three arrested with over 12,000 meth pills and crystal meth in Thalang, Phuket