5 districts in Phetchauburi face flooding as more water drained out of Kaeng Krachan dam
People living in five districts of Phetchaburi province have been warned to brace for flooding as more water is being drained out of Kaeng Krachan dam which is now 97 percent full and water is spilling over the spillways. Muang, Ban Laem, Tha Lat and Tha Yang districts which are located downstream of the dam are expected to be affected from the increased drainage of water, said Mr Somkiart Prachamwong, secretary-general of the National Water Resources Office, on Saturday. Relief and rescue equipment sent by the Public Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department will be arriving at the command centre at the Phetchaburi provincial hall on Sunday. Mr Somkiart, accompanied by Governor Chatporn Ratdusadee and officials from the Royal Irrigation Department, held a meeting today to discuss the updates on water situation in Kaeng Krachan dam before they boarded a helicopter to survey the dam and areas downstream which are to... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, 5 districts in Phetchauburi face flooding as more water drained out of Kaeng Krachan dam, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Explained: the CPTPP trade deal
- - Li Rui: The old guard Communist who was able to criticise Xi Jinping
- - Pulwama attack: India mourns Kashmir dead
- - Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair – a growing force on the international design scene
- - Kim Jong Un to Arrive in Vietnam on Feb. 25 Ahead of Trump Summit
- - Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal
- - Kashmir attack: is terror group JeM pushing India and Pakistan to the brink of war?
- - Arrest of Journalist Maria Ressa Casts Pall on Philippines Journalistic Independence
- Older News
- Vote! Woman stomped to death by wild elephants Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - HUA HIN: A woman on the way to visit her ailing mother was found stomped...