3 tourists fined for sitting on undersea coral reefs
Three tourists were fined 1,500 baht each after they were found to have sat on undersea coral reefs at a Laem Maeyai dive spot in Mu Ko Surin marine national park, Phangnga province, for a photo shoot. One of the tourists, a travel blogger, posted the photos of her sitting on coral reefs on her Facebook fan page “Vacation on sea” which has attracted many criticism, prompting the officials of the marine national park to start a manhunt for the tourists. The park chief, Mr Putthipote Khuprasit, said his officials managed to track down the three tourists, one of them is a travel blogger, on Ko Surin on Thursday (Feb 8). All were invited to his office and informed that their act was a violation of the national parks law. They apologized and agreed to pay the fine, amounting to 1,500 baht each. The post 3 tourists fined for sitting... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, 3 tourists fined for sitting on undersea coral reefs, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Vampire bat breakthrough shows bloodsuckers could save lives
- - Asia stocks trade higher as China says its economy grew 6.6 percent in 2018
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- Older News
- Vote! Sunscreen among contributing factors killing Phuket’s coral reefs The Phuket News (4 days ago) - PHUKET: The impact of harmful contaminants in sunscreen as a contributing factor in the deaths...