$250 mil superyacht at centre of 1MDB scandal sails to Malaysia
THE US$250mil superyacht at the centre of Malaysia’s multi-billion dollar state fund scandal is reportedly headed to the country following Indonesia’s decision to hand over the vessel to the neighbouring government. According to The Star, The Equanimity, which authorities said was owned by fugitive businessman, Low Taek Jho, has arrived in the Indonesian island of Batam on Monday morning. A source told the daily the vessel was navigating through the busy waterway along the Singapore Strait at eight knots on its way to the Batu Ampar port, but did not head to the port as scheduled. SEE ALSO: Indonesian court declares FBI seizure of superyacht illegal As at 9.30am Monday, the yacht was anchored near the Pulau Nong lighthouse near Tering Bay. “The vessel would be docked in Batam, waiting for further instructions from Jakarta on when it would be handed over to the Malaysian authorities,” the source said. Last... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, $250 mil superyacht at centre of 1MDB scandal sails to Malaysia, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Human error and outdated IT led to Hakeem al-Araibi's detention, says border force official
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Pulwama attack: India warns of backlash against Kashmiri Muslims
- - Pulwama attack: Nine killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Seven killed in new Kashmir battle
- - Taxi blames oil spill for wipeout
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- Older News
- Vote! Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) is a state investment fund that came under investigation for a...
- Vote! 1MDB scandal: former Goldman Sachs banker Roger Ng returning to US to face charges SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (4 days ago) - Roger Ng, a former Goldman Sachs banker accused of playing a role in defrauding sovereign...
- Vote! 1MDB scandal: former Goldman Sachs banker Robert Ng returning to US to face charges SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (4 days ago) - Roger Ng, a former Goldman Sachs banker accused of playing a role in defrauding sovereign...