230 aftershocks jolt Lombok Island
As many as 230 aftershocks have jolted Lombok Island, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) Province, since the island was rocked by a powerful earthquake measuring 7 on the Richter Scale on Sunday evening, Antara news agency reported this morning. Of the total 230 aftershocks, 16 were strongly felt by local inhabitants, Hary Tjatmiko, spokesman of the Meteorology, Geophysics, and Climatology Agency (BMKG) said in a statement. More aftershocks were expected to occur in the next several weeks, he stated. On Tuesday at 1:21 a.m. western Indonesian standard time (WIB), NTB was shaken by an earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter Scale. The quake`s epicenter was located at 8.18 degrees southern latitude and 116.29 degrees eastern longitude, and at a depth of 10 kilometers (km), according to BMKG. The tremor did not have the potential to trigger a tsunami. Earlier, on Monday at 10:50 pm the province was also hit by a... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, 230 aftershocks jolt Lombok Island, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Explained: the CPTPP trade deal
- - Li Rui: The old guard Communist who was able to criticise Xi Jinping
- - Pulwama attack: India mourns Kashmir dead
- - Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair – a growing force on the international design scene
- - Kim Jong Un to Arrive in Vietnam on Feb. 25 Ahead of Trump Summit
- - Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal
- - Kashmir attack: is terror group JeM pushing India and Pakistan to the brink of war?
- - Arrest of Journalist Maria Ressa Casts Pall on Philippines Journalistic Independence