23 foreigners arrested for drug offences on Thai party island
23 foreigners and 4 Thai nationals have been arrested for drug offences following a series of raids on Koh Phayam in Ranong province. Koh Phayam is one of the lesser known Thai islands but officials have said it has become a haven for drug taking foreigners as marijuana and amphetamines are readily available on sale at local bars. On Saturday 9th March, a team of 50 officers from Ranong Police, Tourist Police, military and district officials raided bars across the island. 27 people who were tested at the scene were arrested after failing drug tests for marijuana and amphetamines. Further tests carried out later at Ranong hospital confirmed the presence of drugs in their system. All those arrested were taken to Ranong Police Station. Police said they will continue to crackdown on the illegal drug trade on Koh Phayam. Thai Visa / Daily News The post 23 foreigners arrested for... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, 23 foreigners arrested for drug offences on Thai party island, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - A challenging Baht for the Thai economy in 2019 ?
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Man killed by wild elephants
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site
- Older News
- Vote! Two arrested in Thai-Australian drug bust Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - Two transnational heroin smugglers - an Australian national and a Thai man - have been...