200 million baht worth of Ice seized in Hat Yai
Narcotic police seized 447 kilogrammes of crytal methamphetamine, or Ice, worth more than 200 million baht in street prices from a pickup truck in Hat Yai district on Friday (March 9). Meanwhile in Chiang Dao district of Chiang Mai, troops from the Pha Muang task force of the Third Army Region, seized 3 million methamphetamine tablets in the raid of a village following the seizure of 300,000 methamphetamine pills from a drug caravan. Acting on a tipoff that a huge drug haul would be smuggled through Hat Yai to be sold in a neighbouring country from the Northeast, narcotic police were dispatched to Tambon Klong U-tapao, Hat Yai, to look out for a suspected pick-up truck which was reported to be used in transport the drug haul. The police spotted the truck and ordered it to stop for a thorough search which uncovered the huge drug haul. Another pickup truck suspected to be used to carry the drug from the first vehicle was also seized near the scene of the interception. Two men, identified as Sorpee-ee Chirawan, a resident of Sukhirin district of Narathiwat and a Hat Yai resident, Arun Chuchuen, were arrested. But police suspected that more people were involved in the huge drug haul. In Chiang Dao district of Chiang Mai, troops from the Pha Muang task force laid siege to Ban Nong Ngok, Tambon Muang Na, after the seizure of 300,000 methamphitamine tablets from a drug caravan and the arrest of one suspect. Thorough search of the village unearthed another three million meth pills. The post 200 million baht worth of Ice seized in Hat Yai appeared first on Thai PBS English News.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, 200 million baht worth of Ice seized in Hat Yai, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Friday, 9 March, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Boy using phone killed by train Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - SONGKHLA: A 12-year-old boy playing with his mobile phone on a railway track was killed by a train in front of his school in Hat Yai district, Songkhla, on Thursday...
- Vote! Police announce details of two major drug busts Samui Times (5 days ago) - Police in recent months seized a large haul of narcotics, including more than 200 kilograms of crystal meth – or “ice” – and 1,792,000 methamphetamine pills, in two separate...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - All-girls international school comes to Bangkok
- - Chiang Mai joins Global Climate Strike on its most polluted day.
- - Multiple injuries in shooting on tram in Utrecht
- - Flash Floods, Earthquake in Indonesia Kill Over 80
- - Phuket History: The 1675 Battle of Patong
- - NZ rugby's Crusaders mull name change after massacre
- - Pakistan salutes hero of New Zealand mosque shooting
- - Air Pollution Cuts Lives Short by More Than Two Years in Thailand
- - One dead, kids injured in school bus accident in Prachinburi
- - Hong Kong’s Fung Group restores historic Hamada soy sauce factory in Japan, aims to grow condiments venture into business worth up to US$ 1 billion