2 women arrested over pro-republic t-shirts
Submitted on Fri, 2018-09-07 15:45The authorities have arrested two women for possessing a pro-republic t-shirt. One of them was already released while the other is being detained incommunicado. On 6 July 2018, Thai Lawyers for Human Rights (TLHR) reported that Bangkok authorities in the morning arrested Surang (pseudonym) and her daughter, 11. According to Surang’s niece, over 10 officers including four soldiers, about 5 men in black and some female officers, emerged from a grey van and arrested the two after they came back from a market. Without a search warrant, the authorities searched her house for a black t-shirt with a red-and-white logo on its left chest. The problematic t-shirt was produced by a pro-republic movement called “Organisation for Thai Federation” and the red-and-white logo is a symbolic flag of the organisation. The controversial t-shirt They confiscated the t-shirt and Surang’s cellphone. In the meantime, Surang’s daughter was having... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, 2 women arrested over pro-republic t-shirts, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Prachatai'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - A challenging Baht for the Thai economy in 2019 ?
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018