189 People Feared Dead After a Plane Crash in Indonesia
A Lion Air flight with 189 passengers and crew on board crashed into the sea 13 minutes after takeoff from Jakarta, Indonesia's disaster agency said. Agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho posted photos of debris on Twitter, including a crushed smartphone, books, bags and parts of the aircraft fuselage that had been collected by search and rescue vessels. Nugroho said that among the passengers were one child and two babies. Indonesia's search and rescue agency deployed divers in their search for the main wreckage of the plane that crashed north of Java Island. An agency official estimated there would be no survivors. The plane went down in waters about 30 meters to 35 meters deep. Rescue officials said they had recovered some human remains from the crash site, about 15 kilometers off the coast. The Lion Air Flight JT610 took off at about 6.20 a.m. local time and was due to land in the capital of the Bangka-Belitung tin mining region at 7.20 a.m local time., according to Flightradar 24 website. The accident is the first reported that involves a Boeing 737 MAX, an updated, widely-sold aircraft that is more fuel-efficient. The plane maker said on a tweet that it was aware of an airplane accident and was “closely monitoring” the situation.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, 189 People Feared Dead After a Plane Crash in Indonesia, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Monday, 29 October
- Older News
- Vote! '1,000 dead' in Mozambique cyclone Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - JOHANNESBURG: More than 1,000 people were feared dead in Mozambique four days after a cyclone slammed into the country, submerging entire villages and leaving bodies floating in the floodwaters, the...
- Vote! At least 58 dead, thousands homeless, after flash floods hit Indonesia’s Papua province SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - Flash floods in Indonesia’s eastern Papua province have killed at least 58 people, an official said Sunday, as rescuers battled mud, rocks and fallen trees in the hunt for survivors.The...
- Vote! Investigators Begin to Analyze Black Boxes of Ethiopian Airlines Crash VOA NEWS (5 days ago) - Investigators in France began examining Friday the flight data and voice recorders from the Ethiopian airliner that crashed earlier in the week, killing all 157 people on board. The Boeing...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Stocks in Asia falter amid US-China trade uncertainty
- - Asia stocks falter amid US-China trade uncertainty
- - Asia stocks set to slip on US-China trade uncertainty
- - 'Faces' still carry poll clout
- - City gets coronation makeover
- - Taxi fare jumps 40 baht in 200 meters – and the registration inside and out doesn’t match
- - Italy Set to Join China’s Belt & Road Initiative
- - Japan Olympic chief quits in face of corruption charges
- - Trump Linking Huawei, China Trade Roils Justice Department
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Whistleblower fatally shot! Returning B400K in cash? Crash takes pregnant woman! || March 20