189 People Feared Dead After a Plane Crash in Indonesia
A Lion Air flight with 189 passengers and crew on board crashed into the sea 13 minutes after takeoff from Jakarta, Indonesia's disaster agency said. Agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho posted photos of debris on Twitter, including a crushed smartphone, books, bags and parts of the aircraft fuselage that had been collected by search and rescue vessels. Nugroho said that among the passengers were one child and two babies. Indonesia's search and rescue agency deployed divers in their search for the main wreckage of the plane that crashed north of Java Island. An agency official estimated there would be no survivors. The plane went down in waters about 30 meters to 35 meters deep. Rescue officials said they had recovered some human remains from the crash site, about 15 kilometers off the coast. The Lion Air Flight JT610 took off at about 6.20 a.m. local time and was due... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, 189 People Feared Dead After a Plane Crash in Indonesia, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - A challenging Baht for the Thai economy in 2019 ?
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018