14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested
PHOTO: Bang Klam, Songkhla Immigration police in Songkhla have arrested an alleged Burmese human trafficker and rescued 14 smuggled Burmese from a rented house in Bang Klam district. Police arrested the alleged ring leader, 29 year old Aung Chanai, not far from the rented house on the Asia highway in Moo 4 village in Tambon Tha Chang where he allegedly kept the 14 undocumented Burmese migrants – five women and nine men. The 14 had been detained inside the house, which was locked from the outside, before being smuggled across the border to Malaysia. The migrants appeared tired and starving, according to officials, who provided them with boxed meals. The migrants will be deported, while Aung will face charges of human trafficking, said police. SOURCE: The Nation The post 14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, 14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Wednesday, 22 May
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! 35 illegal migrants caught in palm plantation Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SONGKHLA: Police arrested 35 illegal Myanmar migrants in a palm plantation in Sadao district on Wednesday night while they were waiting for a trip to Malaysia....
- Older News
- Vote! Seven arrested over trafficking of Burmese migrants into Thailand Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - by Suriye Patathayo Police have arrested seven Thai and Burmese suspects for allegedly luring at least nine Burmese nationals into forced labour in Thailand. The suspects ages ranged from 27...
- Vote! Eighteen Burmese illegal migrants found in a Songkhla camp, Thailand Phuket Gazette (6 days ago) - PHOTOS: The Nation Eighteen Burmese illegal migrants have been found at a makeshift camp in forest near Songkhla’s Sadao district waiting waiting to be transported to Malaysia. The 16 men...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Waymo inks driverless car deal with Renault, Nissan to develop autonomous vehicles for France, Japan
- - Recycled bikes get Myanmar kids to school
- - Eight arrested with drugs and firearms in Phuket
- - Fall armyworm invades crops across Asia, smallholders worst hit
- - Fall armyworm invades crops across Asia
- - Where to post all of your job positions: Completely free!
- - Vietnam and Thailand top Asia Pacific destinations for Russians
- - Norwegian man seriously injured after van collides with a truck in Saraburi
- - BOJ holds fire on policy, joins Fed in warning of mounting global risks
- - Trump-Xi meeting unlikely to resolve trade differences, could lead to more talks-media