14 foreigners arrested for staying illegally in Thailand
Police have arrested 14 foreigners, including one American, for staying illegally in the country, Deputy Tourist Police commissioner Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal said. After a weekly “Black Eagles” operation, which targets immigrant crime, in Bangkok late Wednesday night, Surachet told a press conference at 11.30pm that police had conducted searches at 33 areas in Bangkok and its suburbs. He said five Indians, one Korean and one Myanmar national had been arrested for illegal entry while four Sri Lankans, two Indians and one American had been arrested for overstaying their tourist visas. The search was carried out by officers from the Tourist Police Bureau, Patrol and Special Operations Division, Narcotics Suppression Bureau, Immigration Bureau and Metropolitan Police Bureau. The Nation The post 14 foreigners arrested for staying illegally in Thailand appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, 14 foreigners arrested for staying illegally in Thailand, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Apirat urged to remain neutral
- - Khao Yai blazes brave new trail
- - Report: US Wants Pledge for Stable Chinese Yuan as Talks Resume
- - Fashion mastermind Lagerfeld dies
- - Memorial Speaks to North Korea's Ties to Summit Host Vietnam
- - Factbox: Pakistan, India troop strength and weapons
- - If Korean war ends after Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi, will Seoul still require national service?
- - Weather for February 20
- - Trump: 'No Rush' to See North Korea Denuclearize
- - Trump Says No 'Magical Date' for Imposing More Tariffs on China
- Older News
- Vote! Phuket Opinion: Fear and loathing in paradise The Phuket News (4 days ago) - PHUKET: The news of the “new” immigration requirements for foreigners staying in the country on...
- Vote! Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested Samui Times (5 days ago) - There was no let up in the Thai immigration drive to rid the country of...
- Vote! Hundreds more foreigners nabbed for visa offences Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - A total of 435 foreigners, all but six from Asian countries, were arrested for immigration...