11th rabies patient died in Kalasin
Another person has died from rabies in Kalasin province, bringing the death toll to 11 since the outbreak began in January this year. Dr Suwanchai Watanayingcharoensuk, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, said the latest patient died from rabies was a 42-year-old man. Prior to admittance to Kakasin provincial hospital, he was bitten by stray dog 6-8 months ago. The patient had no record of rabies vaccination, and never had his bite wound cleaned, he said. His death raised the death toll from rabies to 11 since the outbreak began in January this year and spread to 11 provinces. He said that most rabies victims died from bites and scratches by dogs and they didn’t go to see doctors as they thought the wounds or scratches were minor and not serious. He advised that even the bite or the scratch was minor, they should go to see doctors and... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, 11th rabies patient died in Kalasin, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Phuket Immigration clarifies new rules on retirement visas to start March 1
- - Thai woman murdered in Phuket – police search for Greek husband
- - Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists
- - Tham Luang cave to be closed from Feb 19
- - Hua Hin: Thai woman trampled to death by elephants on her way to do the washing
- - Investigate this “mobile monk” sprinkling tourists with holy water!
- - Suspect in murder of two monks arrested
- - Iran summons Pakistan's envoy over deadly suicide bomb attack - Tasnim
- - Pakistan rolls out red carpet for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- Older News
- Vote! Saying it like it is or dashing a patient’s hopes? Cancer patient told to prepare for death Samui Times (4 days ago) - A video posted on Facebook showed a doctor at Kluay Nam Thai Hospital telling a...