10,000 homeless after fire destroys slum in Bangladesh capital Dhaka
At least 10,000 people are homeless after a massive fire swept through a crowded slum in the Bangladesh capital and destroyed thousands of shanties, officials said Sunday.The fire broke out at in Dhaka’s Mirpur neighbourhood late on Friday and razed around 2,000 mostly tin shacks, fire services official Ershad Hossain said.“I could not salvage a single thing. I don’t know what will I do,” 58-year-old Abdul Hamid, who ran a tea stall inside the slum, said as he broke down in tears.Authorities…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, 10,000 homeless after fire destroys slum in Bangladesh capital Dhaka, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Sunday, 18 August
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Bangladesh tries to muffle the siren song of the capital PHuket Hotel Deals News (Yesterday) - Phuket Travel Tips And Advise - Phuket Travel, Real Estate & Property AgentINDUSTRIAL ZONES, residential developments, clinics and universities—the mayor of Mongla’s ideas for his town’s expansion seem a bit...
- Older News
- Vote! US church leaders charged with using homeless for 'forced labour' Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - LOS ANGELES: Leaders of a California-based church have been arrested on charges of imprisoning dozens of mostly homeless people and forcing them to panhandle six days a week for their...
- Vote! Report: Trump Orders Crackdown on Homelessness in California VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - The Washington Post reports that U.S. President Donald Trump has ordered a crackdown on homelessness in California. In a report Tuesday, the newspaper quotes four unnamed administration officials who said...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Afghan Government Says Elections First, Peace Deal Afterward
- - Bangkok losing its gloss
- - Congo: Confirmed Ebola Deaths Near 2,000, Cases Over 3,000
- - Osama bin Laden's son Hamza killed in U.S. raid, Trump says
- - Phuket Opinion: Dangling the carrot
- - Tropical Storm Warning Discontinued in Bahamas
- - 'Bull' Wins Top Prize at Deauville
- - Zimbabwe's Mugabe Gets Tepid Turnout at Final Public Sendoff
- - Afghan Taliban send team to Russia after U.S. talks collapse
- - US Hospital Ship Dispatched for Migrants in Trinidad and Tobago