‘Be silent or you’re next’: Maria Ressa posts bail, but arrest ‘puts all Filipinos at risk’
Award-winning Philippine journalist Maria Ressa emerged beaming and defiant after posting bail of 100,000 pesos (US$2,000) on Thursday, one day after her arrest on a charge of “cyber-libel” sparked international controversy and sent shivers through the country’s press freedom activists. “We will not duck, we will not hide, we will hold the line,” vowed the CEO of news website Rappler, who has been charged over a report her company ran seven years ago. Rappler has...... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, ‘Be silent or you’re next’: Maria Ressa posts bail, but arrest ‘puts all Filipinos at risk’, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Thursday, 14 February
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Asian stocks mixed as investors await US-China trade developments
- - All-girls international school comes to Bangkok
- - Chiang Mai joins Global Climate Strike on its most polluted day.
- - Flash Floods, Earthquake in Indonesia Kill Over 80
- - Air Pollution Cuts Lives Short by More Than Two Years in Thailand
- - One dead, kids injured in school bus accident in Prachinburi
- - Indonesia’s gambling with a tax on e-commerce. Will it pay off?
- - Should Media Avoid Naming the Gunmen in Mass Shootings?
- - Water sharing in Indonesia key to smothering transboundary haze
- - Asian stocks trade higher as investors await US-China trade developments