Sunwing Kamala Beach, located at 96/66 Moo 3, Kamala Beach, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand, offers Resort amenities including: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 8.7, and an average daily rate of: ฿1,272.
Name: Sunwing Kamala Beach
Location: Patong, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 96/66 Moo 3, Kamala Beach, Kathu, Phuket
Av rating: 8.7
Checkin / out: Check-In 15:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Swimming Pool, Spa and Gym
Average price: ฿1,272
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Sunwing Kamala Beach, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Sunwing Kamala Beach.
About Sunwing Kamala Beach
Sunwing Kamala Beach is located at 96/66 Moo , Kamala Beac, Kath, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. With a stay at Sunwing Kamala Beach in Kamal, you’ll be on the beach and minutes from Phuket Fantase, and close to Kamala Beach. This 4-star resort is within the vicinity of Surin Beach and Bang Tao Beach.Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 317 individually furnished guestroom, featuring kitchenettes with refrigerators and microwaves. Your pillowtop bed comes with premium beddin, and all rooms are furnished with sofa beds. 21-inch LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainmen, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Conveniences include phone, as well as safes and desks.Amenities Don’t miss out on the many recreational opportunitie, including an outdoor poo, a waterslid, and a fitness center. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet acces, babysitting/childcare (surcharge, and gift shops/newsstands. Spending a day of fun is easy with the theme park shuttle (surcharge).Dining Grab a bite at La Tasc, one of the resort’s 2 restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink from the poolside bar or one of the 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.Busines, Other Amenities Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobb, dry cleaning/laundry service, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Kamala? This resort has facilities measuring 3617 square feet (336 square meters, including conference space. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours, and free self parking is available onsite.
Patong beach, Phuket, back in the 80’s, was a sleepy Thai fishing village. Bangla Road (the strip) was a semi paved, barely two lane piece of road that ran from the beach to the intersection. Beer was around 25 or 30 baht also and Thai fishing boats still anchored by the score very close to the beach at night. How things have changed! Today Patong Beach is one of the most famous destinations in the world and better known for its nightlife and the 3.5 kilometers (2.2 mi) beach that runs the entire length of Patong’s road side. Nightlife is centered in two main areas, ‘Bangla Road’ but there are hundreds of bars, cafes and restaurants around Patong waiting for you to walk in. The good thing about Patong is that it now offers great shopping, eateries and numerous high rated Restaurants and cafes to suite.
About Phuket island, Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket island airport
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket island.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket island, Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket island, Thailand see our Phuket, Thailand Visa guide
More Patong Accommodations
If the Sunwing Kamala Beach in Patong is not to your liking then you can find some of our best picks below.
- Peach Hill Hotel & Resort - Peach Hill Hotel & Resort is located at 2 Leam Sai Road, T.Karon, A. Muang in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Concierge service, Spa and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,682. Continue Reading
- Baan Sudarat - Baan Sudarat is located at 120/1 Soi Nanai 2, Nanai Road, Kathu in Patong on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Laundry service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿790. Continue Reading
- Fong Kaew and Baan Nang Fa Guesthouse - Fong Kaew and Baan Nang Fa Guesthouse is located at Rat-U-Thit rd 123/28 in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Laundry service, Parking and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿849. Continue Reading
- Baan Mee Phuket - Baan Mee Phuket is located at Soi Jaofa 39 45/81 Soi Suki, Chaofa Road, Chalong, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: 24 hour Front Desk Service, Parking and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,423. Continue Reading
- Calypso Patong Hotel - Calypso Patong Hotel is located at 209/1-2 Nanai Road, Patong beach, Kathu, in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Gym, Laundry service and the Staff speaks: French, English, Arabic, Italian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿997. Continue Reading
- NR Nanai Patong - NR Nanai Patong is located at 35 Soi Nanai 2, Pathong, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Bar and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿858. Continue Reading
- Cape Sienna Gourmet Hotel & Villas - Cape Sienna Gourmet Hotel & Villas is located at 18/40 Moo 6, Nakalay Road, Kamala Beach in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,506. Continue Reading
- Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna - Aquarius Gay Guesthouse and Sauna is located at 127/10-17 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Paradise Complex in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿464. Continue Reading
- BGW Phuket Hostel - BGW Phuket Hostel is located at 189/7 Rat U Thit 200 Pee Rd. Patong Beach, Kathu in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: 24 hour Front Desk Service, Bar and the Staff speaks: English, Russian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿8,794. Continue Reading
- Baan Thai Beach Side Residence - Baan Thai Beach Side Residence is located at 40 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, phuket in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿495. Continue Reading
Search for more Patong Resort or accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Patong etc), or the type (Resort etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Sunwing Kamala Beach, Patong and Phuket, Thailand FAQ
Whats the weather like around the Sunwing Kamala Beach in Patong and Phuket island?
The weather on Phuket in Thailand, as around the Sunwing Kamala Beach in Patong, is warm - very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Sunwing Kamala Beach, or around Patong?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Sunwing Kamala Beach, like anywhere around Patong, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Patong or Phuket island?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Patong on Phuket island are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Patong Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Patong property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Patong or Phuket island in Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket in Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Sunwing Kamala Beach, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Sunwing Kamala Beach, or around Patong on Phuket island in Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Patong mini market around the Sunwing Kamala Beach for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Patong, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Sunwing Kamala Beach, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket island, Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the Sunwing Kamala Beach is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island, Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Sunwing Kamala Beach or Patong?
The beer or larger prices around Sunwing Kamala Beach or Patong on Phuket in Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What facilities does the Sunwing Kamala Beach or Patong have?
The Sunwing Kamala Beach offers a guest rating of 8.7and there is: Hotel 289 rooms. The Resorts main facilities are: Swimming Pool - Spa and Gym. To see more photos, facilities, and more things to do for you and your family around the Sunwing Kamala Beach and Patong, simply follow the Sunwing Kamala Beach page link above.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Patong on Phuket island our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket in Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Sunwing Kamala Beach for a week day. You'll find low-cost flights to Phuket airport in Thailand on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Patong / Phuket island, Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Patong or Phuket, Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket airport in Thailand?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Sunwing Kamala Beach to go to Phuket airport (HKT) in Thailand simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket airport in Thailand?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket International Airport (HKT)' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Patong and Phuket island in Thailand services we offer
Flights to the island of Phuket: Going to book the Sunwing Kamala Beach and need a flight? If your looking for bargain priced flight tickets to Phuket in Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island in Thailand budget priced flight tickets booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket airport (HKT) we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for bargain priced flight deals from Phuket airport (HKT) in Thailand every day! 🙂
Private Patong Property Tours: If your staying at the Sunwing Kamala Beach but also interested in purchasing a Patong plot of land, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Patong, or on Phuket island in Thailand, then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search and Find’ Patong property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Sunwing Kamala Beach. Here to help 🙂