Sonya Residence, located at 80/11,Soi Dr.wattana,Taweewong Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on the island of Phuket, offers Hotel amenities including: Laundry service, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 8.7, and an average daily rate of: ฿1,199.
Name: Sonya Residence
Location: Patong, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 80/11,Soi Dr.wattana,Taweewong Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket
Av rating: 8.7
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Laundry service, Wi-Fi and Restaurant/cafe
Average price: ฿1,199
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Sonya Residence, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Sonya Residence.
About Sonya Residence
Sonya Residence is located at 80/1,Soi Dr.wattan,Taweewong Roa, Paton, Kath, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. With a stay at Sonya Residence in Paton, you’ll be just steps from Patong Beach and 9 minutes by foot from Bangla Road. This hotel is 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from Jungceylon Shopping Center and 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from Karon Beach.Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 10 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connecte, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.Amenities Make use of convenient amenitie, which include complimentary wireless Internet access and tour/ticket assistance.Busines, Other Amenities The front desk is staffed during limited hours.
Patong beach, Phuket, back in the 80’s, was a sleepy Thai fishing village. Bangla Road (the strip) was a semi paved, barely two lane piece of road that ran from the beach to the intersection. Beer was around 25 or 30 baht also and Thai fishing boats still anchored by the score very close to the beach at night. How things have changed! Today Patong Beach is one of the most famous destinations in the world and better known for its nightlife and the 3.5 kilometers (2.2 mi) beach that runs the entire length of Patong’s road side. Nightlife is centered in two main areas, ‘Bangla Road’ but there are hundreds of bars, cafes and restaurants around Patong waiting for you to walk in. The good thing about Patong is that it now offers great shopping, eateries and numerous high rated Restaurants and cafes to suite.
About Phuket in Thailand
State: Phuket island, Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket International Airport in Thailand
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket, Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket, Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket see our Phuket Visa guide
More Patong Accommodations
If the Sonya Residence in Patong is not to your liking then you can find some of our best picks below.
- MVC Patong House - MVC Patong House is located at 94/10 Sai Namyen Road, Patong Beach, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Bar, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,176. Continue Reading
- Beds Patong Budget Hotel - Beds Patong Budget Hotel is located at 11-13 Soi Sainamyen1, Sainamyen Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Bar and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿943. Continue Reading
- Royal Phawadee Village Patong - Royal Phawadee Village Patong is located at 3 Sawatdirak Road, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,579. Continue Reading
- OYO 320 Regent 2002 Guest House - OYO 320 Regent 2002 Guest House is located at 70 (Aroonsom) Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, 24 hour Front Desk Service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿860. Continue Reading
- Sea Cono Boutique Hotel - Sea Cono Boutique Hotel is located at 179/85-87 Saigor Road., Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,992. Continue Reading
- Azure Phuket Hotel - Azure Phuket Hotel is located at 34/81-88 Prachanukroh Rd, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,654. Continue Reading
- U Tai Tip Guest House - U Tai Tip Guest House is located at 32/3-4 Sainumyen Rd. in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Laundry service, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿999. Continue Reading
- Patong Heights - Patong Heights is located at 9/2 Muean Ngen Road, Patong Beach 2/9 in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Bar, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,306. Continue Reading
- Art Patong Serviced Apartments - Art Patong Serviced Apartments is located at 158/99 Pung Muang Sai 3 Kor in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, Spanish, Italian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,995. Continue Reading
- The Crib Patong - The Crib Patong is located at 184/18-20 Phangmuang Sai kor Rd. Patong kathu Phuket 83150 in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿809. Continue Reading
Search for more Patong Hotel or accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Patong etc), or the type (Hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Sonya Residence, Patong and Phuket, Thailand FAQ
Whats the weather like around the Sonya Residence in Patong and Phuket island, Thailand?
The weather on Phuket island in Thailand, as around the Sonya Residence in Patong, is warm - very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Sonya Residence, or around Patong?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Sonya Residence, like anywhere around Patong, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Patong or Phuket island in Thailand?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Patong on Phuket are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Patong Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Patong property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Patong or Phuket island, Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket island in Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Sonya Residence, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Sonya Residence, or around Patong on Phuket?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket in Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Patong mini market around the Sonya Residence for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Patong, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Sonya Residence, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket in Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the Sonya Residence is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island in Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Sonya Residence or Patong?
The beer or larger prices around Sonya Residence or Patong on Phuket island in Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island in Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What facilities does the Sonya Residence or Patong have?
The Sonya Residence offers a guest rating of 8.7and there is: Hotel 5 rooms. The Hotels main facilities are: Laundry service - Wi-Fi and Restaurant/cafe. To see more photos, facilities, and more things to do for you and your family around the Sonya Residence and Patong, simply follow the Sonya Residence page link above.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket island, Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Patong on Phuket, Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket, Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Sonya Residence for a week day. You'll find low-cost flight tickets to Phuket island airport (HKT) in Thailand on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Patong / Phuket, Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Patong or Phuket, Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket airport?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Sonya Residence to go to Phuket airport (HKT) in Thailand simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket island airport?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket airport (HKT)' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Patong and Phuket island, Thailand services we offer
Flights to the island of Phuket: Going to book the Sonya Residence and need a flight? If your looking for budget priced flights to Phuket island, Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island cheap flight tickets booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket International Airport we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for cheap flight tickets from Phuket International Airport (HKT) in Thailand every day! 🙂
Private Patong Property Tours: If your staying at the Sonya Residence but also interested in purchasing a Patong Villa, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Patong, or on Phuket island, then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search and Find’ Patong property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Sonya Residence. Here to help 🙂