Som Guesthouse, located at 52/13-14, Rat-u-thit rd, T.Patong, A.Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand, offers Guest House amenities including: Pets allowed, 24 hour Front Desk Service and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 7.9, and an average daily rate of: ฿540.
Name: Som Guesthouse
Location: Patong, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 52/13-14, Rat-u-thit rd, T.Patong, A.Kathu, Phuket
Type: Guest House
Av rating: 7.9
Checkin / out: Check-In 13:30 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Pets allowed, 24 hour Front Desk Service and Restaurant/cafe
Average price: ฿540 ‘Click here to add dates / check price’
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Som Guesthouse, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Som Guesthouse.
About Som Guesthouse
Som Guesthouse is located at 52/13-1, Rat-u-thit r, T.Paton, A.Kath, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. SOM Guesthouse is far above the usual standard for accommodation; the rooms are clean and comfortable and safe. All units have been recently furnished and are reasonably priced. You don’t get better value accommodation in Patong Beach. All rooms you can book through this web site come with air-conditio, mini-fridg, T, Satellite T, private bathroom with col, hot showe, safety deposit bo,Free wi-fi in the room Airport Transfer: transfer from the airport to patong Som guesthouse with private taxi is 800Baht(for 1~2pa,for 3~4pax : 900baht). Car rental is available. Motorbikes are also available at 200 Baht / day. Wi-fi Free Internet: bring your laptop with you and stay connected to the web 24 hrs / free of charge. 24 hours. Internet: Wireless internet access in the lobby and all rooms. Bring your laptop. SOM Guesthouse have diving shop(DEVILSDIVERS) and SOM Restaurant(breakfast:79baht, tour agency. **Tour desk : Scuba divin, Phiphi+khai snorkelin, James bond Phang-nga seacano, Safar, AT, Elephant treckkin, Ridin, Bungy-jum, Fantasea sho, Simon cabaret sho, Sp, Massage… You can book with reasonable price for daytour in Phuket. Now enjoy with Som guesthouse in Paton,Phuket! **Remark** If you arrival at our guesthous,full balance of payment as stated in booking will be collected upon check -in. Amendments and cancel to original booking must be make directly to property at least 72 hours(3 days) before your arrival date .Failure to do so will result in your credit card be charged for the WHOLE amount. Full amount charged for the whole length of booking in case of NO SHOW .
Patong beach, Phuket, back in the 80’s, was a sleepy Thai fishing village. Bangla Road (the strip) was a semi paved, barely two lane piece of road that ran from the beach to the intersection. Beer was around 25 or 30 baht also and Thai fishing boats still anchored by the score very close to the beach at night. How things have changed!Today Patong Beach is one of the most famous destinations in the world and better known for its nightlife and the 3.5 kilometers (2.2 mi) beach that runs the entire length of Patong’s road side.Nightlife is centered in two main areas, ‘Bangla Road’ but there are hundreds of bars, cafes and restaurants around Patong waiting for you to walk in. The good thing about Patong is that it now offers great shopping, eateries and numerous high rated Restaurants and cafes to suite.
About Phuket, Thailand
State: Phuket island
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket airport (HKT)
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket island in Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket island, Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket in Thailand see our Phuket, Thailand Visa guide
More Patong Accommodations
- The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites - The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites is located at 160/36 Soi Nanai Ruamjai (Nanai Soi 8),Phangmuang Sai Kor Road, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿865. Continue Reading
- The Bluewater Hotel - The Bluewater Hotel is located at 140/38-39 Nanai Road in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Laundry service, Bar and the Staff speaks: English, Italian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,499. Continue Reading
- Live in Phuket - Live in Phuket is located at 74/41 Soi Banzhan,Nanai Road Patong subdistrict,Kathu district,Phuket in Patong on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Bar, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,997. Continue Reading
- Barefoot Hotel Kalim Beach Front - Barefoot Hotel Kalim Beach Front is located at 314 Phrabaramee Rd in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿4,247. Continue Reading
- Patong Beach Hotel - Patong Beach Hotel is located at 124 Taweewong Road, Patong Beach, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, 24 hour Front Desk Service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,956. Continue Reading
- Azure Bangla Phuket - Azure Bangla Phuket is located at 155/8 Bhungmuang Sai Kor Rd, in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,354. Continue Reading
- Patong Landmark Hotel - Patong Landmark Hotel is located at 155/25 Phangmuang Sai Kor Rd., Patong in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Bar, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿800. Continue Reading
- G&B Guesthouse - G&B Guesthouse is located at Bangtonkhao Rd, Off Prabaramee Rd, Patong, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Parking, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿899. Continue Reading
- Sun Hill Hotel - Sun Hill Hotel is located at 245/2 Nanai Road, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,099. Continue Reading
- Patong Sunbeach Mansion - Patong Sunbeach Mansion is located at 207/4 Soi 6 Nanai Road, Patong in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿700. Continue Reading
Search for more Patong accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Patong etc), or the type (Guest House etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Patong & Phuket FAQ
Whats the weather like in Patong and Phuket?
The weather on Phuket in Thailand is warm, very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Som Guesthouse, or around Patong?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Som Guesthouse, like anywhere around Patong, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Patong or Phuket island?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Patong on Phuket island, Thailand are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Patong Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Patong property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Patong or Phuket property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket, Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Som Guesthouse, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Som Guesthouse, or around Patong on Phuket, Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket island, Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Patong mini market around the Som Guesthouse for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Patong, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Som Guesthouse, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket island, Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the Som Guesthouse is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island, Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Som Guesthouse or Patong?
The beer or larger prices around Som Guesthouse or Patong on Phuket island is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island, Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket island, Thailand?
If you have booked the Som Guesthouse try and book your flight to Phuket island at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket in Thailand below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket, Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Patong on Phuket in Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket island?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Som Guesthouse for a week day. You'll find low-cost flight tickets to Phuket island airport on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Patong / Phuket island, Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Patong or Phuket island in Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket island airport in Thailand?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Som Guesthouse to go to Phuket International Airport (HKT) in Thailand simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket International Airport (HKT) in Thailand?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket International Airport (HKT)' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Patong and Phuket island services we offer
Flights to the island of Phuket: Going to book the Som Guesthouse and need a flight? If your looking for low-cost flight deals to Phuket island simply use our very own search and compare Phuket in Thailand low-priced flight deals booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket International Airport (HKT) we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for low-priced flight deals from Phuket airport (HKT) in Thailand every day! 🙂
Private Patong Property Tours: If you looking to purchase a holiday home, a Patong property, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Patong, or on Phuket, Thailand then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Patong property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Som Guesthouse. Here to help 🙂