Sunset Plaza, located at 264 Patak Road, T.Karon, A.Muang Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, offers Apart-hotel amenities including: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English language, a guest rating of 7.8, and an average daily rate of: ฿2,498.
Name: Sunset Plaza
Location: Karon, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 264 Patak Road, T.Karon, A.Muang Phuket
Av rating: 7.8
Checkin / out: Check-In 15:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: French, English language
Basic amenities: Swimming Pool, Spa and Gym
Average price: ฿2,498 ‘Click here to add dates / check price’
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Sunset Plaza, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Sunset Plaza.
About Sunset Plaza
Sunset Plaza is located at 264 Patak Roa, T.Karo, A.Muang Phuket in Karon on Phuket island. With a stay at Sunset Plaza by Wachinee in Karo, you’ll be a 3-minute drive from Kata Porpeang Market and 5 minutes from Karon Beach. This condo is 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from Kata Beach and 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from Kata Noi Beach.Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 8 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchens with full-sized refrigerators/freezers and stovetops. Rooms have private balconies. Flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainmen, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Conveniences include safes and separate sitting area, and housekeeping is provided on a limited basis.Amenities Enjoy a range of recreational amenitie, including an outdoor poo, an indoor poo, and a fitness center. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.Busines, Other Amenities Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry service, a safe deposit box at the front des, and an elevator (lift). A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours, and free self parking is available onsite.
Karon beach, Phuket, pronounced “Garon”, is the second largest of Phuket’s beaches at 3 km length. The sand is very white, and squeaks audibly when walked upon.The southern point has a fine coral reef stretching toward Kata and Bu Island. Also, there is a wide pedestrian / bicycle path on the beach side of the road running the length of the beach.Most Restaurants, bars, tour companies and other non-hotel businesses are at the north central end, near the traffic circle, or near the south end, on Bangla road connecting the back road with the beach road.Nightlife is pretty much confined to dining and a few beer bars.
About Phuket in Thailand
State: Phuket island
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket International Airport (HKT) in Thailand
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket island, Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket in Thailand see our Phuket island, Thailand Visa guide
More Karon Accommodations
- Baan Karon Resort - Baan Karon Resort is located at 213 Patak, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿873. Continue Reading
- Karon Princess Hotel - Karon Princess Hotel is located at 194 Karon Road, Muang, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,114. Continue Reading
- Simplitel - Simplitel is located at 470/4 Patak Road, Tambol Karon, Amphur Meung, Phuket in Karon on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Concierge service, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿813. Continue Reading
- Karon Village Hotel - Karon Village Hotel is located at 378 Patak Road, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, Business centre and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,799. Continue Reading
- Patong Buri Resort Hotel - Patong Buri Resort Hotel is located at 159/15 Pungmuang Sai Kor Road, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Bar and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿15,998. Continue Reading
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort - Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort is located at 562 Patak Road, Karon Beach, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,769. Continue Reading
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa - Kata Palm Resort & Spa is located at 60 Kata Road, T. Karon, Muang in Karon on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,199. Continue Reading
- Karon Beach Pool Hotel - Karon Beach Pool Hotel is located at 381 Patak road, Muang, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿599. Continue Reading
- Chanpirom Boutique Hotel - Chanpirom Boutique Hotel is located at 307 Patak Road, Muang in Karon on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,198. Continue Reading
- Chic Condo Karon - Chic Condo Karon is located at 8 Patak Soi 20, Tambon Karon, Amphoe Muang Phuket Chang Wat, Phuket in Karon on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Parking and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿4,496. Continue Reading
Search for more Karon accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Karon etc), or the type (Apart-hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Karon & Phuket FAQ
Whats the weather like in Karon and Phuket island, Thailand?
The weather on Phuket island in Thailand is warm, very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Sunset Plaza, or around Karon?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Sunset Plaza, like anywhere around Karon, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Karon or Phuket island, Thailand?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Karon on Phuket in Thailand are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Karon Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Karon property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Karon or Phuket island, Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket island in Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Sunset Plaza, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Sunset Plaza, or around Karon on Phuket island in Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket island in Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Karon mini market around the Sunset Plaza for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Karon, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Sunset Plaza, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket?
In my view the beach. Around the Sunset Plaza is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island in Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Sunset Plaza or Karon?
The beer or larger prices around Sunset Plaza or Karon on Phuket in Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket island?
If you have booked the Sunset Plaza try and book your flight to Phuket, Thailand at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket, Thailand below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Karon on Phuket our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket in Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Sunset Plaza for a week day. You'll find cut-priced flights to Phuket International Airport in Thailand on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Karon / Phuket island national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Karon or Phuket island in Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket International Airport (HKT)?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Sunset Plaza to go to Phuket airport (HKT) simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket International Airport?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket island airport (HKT) in Thailand' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Karon and Phuket in Thailand services we offer
Flights to the island of Phuket: Going to book the Sunset Plaza and need a flight? If your looking for cheap flights to Phuket, Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island cut-priced flight deals booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket International Airport (HKT) we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for budget priced flight tickets from Phuket airport (HKT) in Thailand every day! 🙂
Private Karon Property Tours: If you looking to purchase a holiday home, a Karon property, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Karon, or on the island of Phuket then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Karon property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Sunset Plaza. Here to help 🙂