Sunset Plaza, located at 264 Patak Road, T.Karon, A.Muang Phuket in Karon on the island of Phuket, offers Apart-hotel amenities including: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English language, a guest rating of 7.8, and an average daily rate of: ฿2,498.
Name: Sunset Plaza
Location: Karon, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 264 Patak Road, T.Karon, A.Muang Phuket
Av rating: 7.8
Checkin / out: Check-In 15:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: French, English language
Basic amenities: Swimming Pool, Spa and Gym
Average price: ฿2,498
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Sunset Plaza, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Sunset Plaza.
About Sunset Plaza
Sunset Plaza is located at 264 Patak Roa, T.Karo, A.Muang Phuket in Karon on Phuket island. With a stay at Sunset Plaza by Wachinee in Karo, you’ll be a 3-minute drive from Kata Porpeang Market and 5 minutes from Karon Beach. This condo is 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from Kata Beach and 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from Kata Noi Beach.Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 8 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchens with full-sized refrigerators/freezers and stovetops. Rooms have private balconies. Flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainmen, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Conveniences include safes and separate sitting area, and housekeeping is provided on a limited basis.Amenities Enjoy a range of recreational amenitie, including an outdoor poo, an indoor poo, and a fitness center. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.Busines, Other Amenities Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry service, a safe deposit box at the front des, and an elevator (lift). A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours, and free self parking is available onsite.
Karon beach, Phuket, pronounced “Garon”, is the second largest of Phuket’s beaches at 3 km length. The sand is very white, and squeaks audibly when walked upon. The southern point has a fine coral reef stretching toward Kata and Bu Island. Also, there is a wide pedestrian / bicycle path on the beach side of the road running the length of the beach. Most Restaurants, bars, tour companies and other non-hotel businesses are at the north central end, near the traffic circle, or near the south end, on Bangla road connecting the back road with the beach road. Nightlife is pretty much confined to dining and a few beer bars.
About Phuket island, Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket island airport (HKT) in Thailand
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket island in Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket, Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket island see our Phuket island in Thailand Visa guide
More Karon Accommodations
If the Sunset Plaza in Karon is not to your liking then you can find some of our best picks below.
- Thira House - Thira House is located at 9/1 Patak Soi 14, T Karon, A Maung, Phuket in Karon on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Parking, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,399. Continue Reading
- ON Hotel Phuket - ON Hotel Phuket is located at 643 Patak Rd., Muang, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Spa and the Staff speaks: Italian, English, French, Spanish language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿998. Continue Reading
- Princess Seaview Resort & Spa - Princess Seaview Resort & Spa is located at 382 Patak Road, T. Karon, Muang Phuket, Thailand in Karon on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,730. Continue Reading
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa - Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa is located at 3 Soi Karon, Soi 2, Karon District, Muang, Phuket in Karon on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,991. Continue Reading
- Room Actually - Room Actually is located at 563/1 Patak Road, Muang, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Concierge service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿604. Continue Reading
- Waterfront Suites Phuket by Centara - Waterfront Suites Phuket by Centara is located at 224/21 Karon Road, Karon Beach, A.Muang, in Karon on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,931. Continue Reading
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort - Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort is located at 562 Patak Road, Karon Beach, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,769. Continue Reading
- Karon Sea Side - Karon Sea Side is located at 485 Patak Road, Karon, Muang, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Parking, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿500. Continue Reading
- Karon Whale Resort - Karon Whale Resort is located at 538/3 Patak Road, T. Karon in Karon on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English, Russian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,236. Continue Reading
- DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort - DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort is located at 94 Thaveewong Road, Patong Beach in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿4,030. Continue Reading
Search for more Karon Apart-hotel or accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Karon etc), or the type (Apart-hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Sunset Plaza, Karon and Phuket in Thailand FAQ
Whats the weather like around the Sunset Plaza in Karon and Phuket island in Thailand?
The weather on Phuket, Thailand, as around the Sunset Plaza in Karon, is warm - very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Sunset Plaza, or around Karon?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Sunset Plaza, like anywhere around Karon, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Karon or Phuket in Thailand?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Karon on Phuket, Thailand are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Karon Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Karon property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Karon or Phuket island property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket island, Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Sunset Plaza, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Sunset Plaza, or around Karon on Phuket, Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket, Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Karon mini market around the Sunset Plaza for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Karon, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Sunset Plaza, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket, Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the Sunset Plaza is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island in Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Sunset Plaza or Karon?
The beer or larger prices around Sunset Plaza or Karon on Phuket is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island in Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What facilities does the Sunset Plaza or Karon have?
The Sunset Plaza offers a guest rating of 7.8and there is: Hotel 50 rooms. The Apart-hotels main facilities are: Swimming Pool - Spa and Gym. To see more photos, facilities, and more things to do for you and your family around the Sunset Plaza and Karon, simply follow the Sunset Plaza page link above.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket in Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Karon on Phuket in Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket, Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Sunset Plaza for a week day. You'll find cheap flights to Phuket island airport in Thailand on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Karon / Phuket, Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Karon or Phuket island before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket airport?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Sunset Plaza to go to Phuket island airport simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket International Airport?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket International Airport' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Karon and the island of Phuket services we offer
Flights to Phuket in Thailand: Going to book the Sunset Plaza and need a flight? If your looking for low-priced flight ticketS to the island of Phuket simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island in Thailand budget priced flight tickets booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket International Airport we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for a cheap flight from Phuket airport in Thailand every day! 🙂
Private Karon Property Tours: If your staying at the Sunset Plaza but also interested in purchasing a Karon house, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Karon, or on Phuket in Thailand, then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search and Find’ Karon property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Sunset Plaza. Here to help 🙂