JJ Guesthouse, located at 9 JJ Inn, Luang Poh Chuan Road, Karon, Muang, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, offers Guest House amenities including: Wi-Fi, Parking and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 8.9, and an average daily rate of: ฿550.
Name: JJ Guesthouse
Location: Karon, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 9 JJ Inn, Luang Poh Chuan Road, Karon, Muang, Phuket
Type: Guest House
Av rating: 8.9
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Wi-Fi, Parking and Laundry service
Average price: ฿550 ‘Click here to add dates / check price’
Booking: To book, and to see more details of JJ Guesthouse, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to JJ Guesthouse.
About JJ Guesthouse
JJ Guesthouse is located at 9 JJ In, Luang Poh Chuan Roa, Karo, Muan, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island. With a stay at JJ Guesthouse in Karo, you’ll be by the se, a 4-minute walk from Karon Beach and a 4-minute drive from Kata Porpeang Market. This guesthouse is 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from Kata Beach and 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from Kata Noi Beach.Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 5 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connecte, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have showers and hair dryers. Conveniences include desks and complimentary bottled wate, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities This guesthouse features snorkeling nearb, surfing/boogie boarding nearb, and rafting nearby.Busines, Other Amenities The front desk is staffed during limited hours. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
Karon beach, Phuket, pronounced “Garon”, is the second largest of Phuket’s beaches at 3 km length. The sand is very white, and squeaks audibly when walked upon.The southern point has a fine coral reef stretching toward Kata and Bu Island. Also, there is a wide pedestrian / bicycle path on the beach side of the road running the length of the beach.Most Restaurants, bars, tour companies and other non-hotel businesses are at the north central end, near the traffic circle, or near the south end, on Bangla road connecting the back road with the beach road.Nightlife is pretty much confined to dining and a few beer bars.
About Phuket island
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket International Airport
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of the island of Phuket.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket island, Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket, Thailand see our Phuket Visa guide
More Karon Accommodations
- Waterfront Suites Phuket by Centara - Waterfront Suites Phuket by Centara is located at 224/21 Karon Road, Karon Beach, A.Muang, in Karon on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,931. Continue Reading
- Hotel IKON Phuket - Hotel IKON Phuket is located at 400/2 Patak Rd., Muang, Phuket in Karon on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,444. Continue Reading
- Thira House - Thira House is located at 9/1 Patak Soi 14, T Karon, A Maung, Phuket in Karon on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Parking, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,399. Continue Reading
- Your Place Inn - Your Place Inn is located at 526/11-12 Moo 1 Patak Road Karon Beach Phuket in Karon on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Laundry service, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,606. Continue Reading
- Paradise Inn - Paradise Inn is located at 528/7 Patak Road. in Karon on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Bar and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿471. Continue Reading
- Rattana Beach Hotel - Rattana Beach Hotel is located at 514/1-8 Patak Road, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Laundry service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿889. Continue Reading
- MGallery – Avista Grande Phuket Karon - MGallery - Avista Grande Phuket Karon is located at 38 Soi Luang Phor Chuan Soi 1 District Mueang in Karon on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿4,399. Continue Reading
- Washington Residence - Washington Residence is located at 217 Karon Road, Muang in Karon on Phuket island. Amenities include: Laundry service, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,298. Continue Reading
- Karon Living Room - Karon Living Room is located at 481 Patak Rd., T.Karon, Phuket in Karon on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, Business centre and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,056. Continue Reading
- Veloche Group - Veloche Group is located at 350 Patak Road Karon Muang Phuket in Karon on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, 24 hour Front Desk Service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,000. Continue Reading
Search for more Karon accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Karon etc), or the type (Guest House etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Karon & Phuket FAQ
Whats the weather like in Karon and Phuket island?
The weather on Phuket, Thailand is warm, very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the JJ Guesthouse, or around Karon?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the JJ Guesthouse, like anywhere around Karon, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Karon or Phuket?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Karon on Phuket island are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Karon Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Karon property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Karon or Phuket in Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket island in Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the JJ Guesthouse, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in JJ Guesthouse, or around Karon on Phuket island, Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket island, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Karon mini market around the JJ Guesthouse for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Karon, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the JJ Guesthouse, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket island, Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the JJ Guesthouse is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket, Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the JJ Guesthouse or Karon?
The beer or larger prices around JJ Guesthouse or Karon on Phuket in Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket, Thailand?
If you have booked the JJ Guesthouse try and book your flight to Phuket island, Thailand at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket in Thailand below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket in Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Karon on Phuket, Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket island, Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the JJ Guesthouse for a week day. You'll find low-priced flight ticketS to Phuket island airport in Thailand on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Karon / Phuket in Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Karon or Phuket island, Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket International Airport?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the JJ Guesthouse to go to Phuket island airport (HKT) simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket airport (HKT)?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket island airport (HKT) in Thailand' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Karon and the island of Phuket services we offer
Flights to Phuket in Thailand: Going to book the JJ Guesthouse and need a flight? If your looking for cut-priced flight tickets to Phuket island, Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket, Thailand bargain priced flight tickets booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket International Airport we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for cut-priced flight deals from Phuket airport (HKT) in Thailand every day! 🙂
Private Karon Property Tours: If you looking to purchase a holiday home, a Karon property, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Karon, or on Phuket island in Thailand then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Karon property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the JJ Guesthouse. Here to help 🙂