Machima House, located at 284 Phuket Rd., Talad Yai, Muang, Phuket in Phuket Town on Phuket island in Thailand, offers Guest House amenities including: Low mobility guests welcome, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 8.3, and an average daily rate of: ฿845.
Name: Machima House
Location: Phuket Town, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 284 Phuket Rd., Talad Yai, Muang, Phuket
Type: Guest House
Av rating: 8.3
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Low mobility guests welcome, Restaurant/cafe and Wi-Fi
Average price: ฿845
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Machima House, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Machima House.
About Machima House
Machima House is located at 284 Phuket Rd, Talad Ya, Muan, Phuket in Phuket Town on Phuket island. With a stay at Machima House in Phuket (Talat Yai, you’ll be minutes from Robinson Department Store and close to Bangkok Hospital Phuket. This guesthouse is within close proximity of Phuket Trickeye Museum and Phuket Baba Museum.Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 13 air-conditioned guestrooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connecte, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and slippers. Conveniences include desks and complimentary bottled wate, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet acces, a television in a common are, and tour/ticket assistance.Dining Continental breakfasts are available daily from 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.Busines, Other Amenities The front desk is staffed during limited hours.
About Phuket Town
Phuket Town is one of the oldest cities in Thailand. The town used to be the important port on the west of the Malay Peninsula where Chinese immigrants first landed. Phuket used to be ruled by both Portugal and Holland. Old Phuket Town, is historical town forming part of Phuket City. Old Phuket Town is noted for Sino-Portuguese buildings on both sides of the street and many old buildings have now been converted into shops, hotels, restaurants, bars and museums. Phuket Town Restaurant and nightlife has a distinctly Asian flavor that’s an acquired taste, yet a delight once you get to know it. The scene in downtown nightclubs and bars is very indicative of Thai culture: it’s fun, slightly corny and no one is taking anything too seriously. If your wondering where to stay on Phuket, and don’t want to be just another tourist, then stay in ‘Phuket Town’.
About Phuket in Thailand
State: Phuket island, Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket airport (HKT) in Thailand
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket island, Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket, Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket, Thailand see our Phuket in Thailand Visa guide
More Phuket Town Accommodations
If the Machima House in Phuket Town is not to your liking then you can find some of our best picks below.
- SoodSoi Resort - SoodSoi Resort is located at 12/17 NaiYang 13/2, (Soi Kokmort 2), T. Saku, A.Thalang, Phuket in Phuket Town on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Pets allowed and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,564. Continue Reading
- Tee Pak Dee Resident Phuket - Tee Pak Dee Resident Phuket is located at 22/54-56 Luangphorwatchalong Road. Talad Yai, Mueang in Phuket Town on Phuket island. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Low mobility guests welcome and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿889. Continue Reading
- Baan Sutra Guesthouse - Baan Sutra Guesthouse is located at 7 Deebuk Rd., in Phuket Town on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Laundry service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿550. Continue Reading
- Sino Inn Phuket Hotel - Sino Inn Phuket Hotel is located at 25/54 Mae-luan Road T.Tarad nua Mueng in Phuket Town on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿412. Continue Reading
- Thalang Guesthouse - Thalang Guesthouse is located at 37 Thalang Road Muang Phuket in Phuket Town on Phuket island. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, 24 hour Front Desk Service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿5,137. Continue Reading
- PJ Phuket Town Hotel - PJ Phuket Town Hotel is located at 12/1 Surin road,Surin Soi 1,Taladyai,Muang,Phuket in Phuket Town on Phuket island. Amenities include: Gym, Concierge service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,609. Continue Reading
- Feel Good Hostel - Feel Good Hostel is located at 92 Phang-nga Road, Talat Yai in Phuket Town on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: 24 hour Front Desk Service, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿588. Continue Reading
- Rome Place Hotel - Rome Place Hotel is located at 23/8 Soi Hub-Aik, Phuket Road, Muang District in Phuket Town on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿461. Continue Reading
- Surachet at 257 Boutique House - Surachet at 257 Boutique House is located at 257 Yaowarat Road, Muang Phuket in Phuket Town on Phuket island. Amenities include: 24 hour Front Desk Service, Bar and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿655. Continue Reading
- Ritsurin Boutique Hotel - Ritsurin Boutique Hotel is located at 1/5 maeluan Rd. Muang, Phuket in Phuket Town on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Concierge service, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,035. Continue Reading
Search for more Phuket Town Guest House or accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Phuket Town etc), or the type (Guest House etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Machima House, Phuket Town and Phuket island, Thailand FAQ
Whats the weather like around the Machima House in Phuket Town and Phuket in Thailand?
The weather on Phuket island, Thailand, as around the Machima House in Phuket Town, is warm - very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Machima House, or around Phuket Town?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Machima House, like anywhere around Phuket Town, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Phuket Town or Phuket island in Thailand?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Phuket Town on Phuket, Thailand are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Phuket Town Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Phuket Town property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Phuket Town or Phuket island, Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket, Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Machima House, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Machima House, or around Phuket Town on Phuket?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket island, Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Phuket Town mini market around the Machima House for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Phuket Town, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Machima House, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket island?
In my view the beach. Around the Machima House is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Machima House or Phuket Town?
The beer or larger prices around Machima House or Phuket Town on Phuket, Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket in Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What facilities does the Machima House or Phuket Town have?
The Machima House offers a guest rating of 8.3and there is: Hotel 13 rooms. The Guest Houses main facilities are: Low mobility guests welcome - Restaurant/cafe and Wi-Fi. To see more photos, facilities, and more things to do for you and your family around the Machima House and Phuket Town, simply follow the Machima House page link above.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket, Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Phuket Town on Phuket island, Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket in Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Machima House for a week day. You'll find cut-priced flight tickets to Phuket airport in Thailand on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Phuket Town / Phuket, Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Phuket Town or Phuket island before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket island airport?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Machima House to go to Phuket airport (HKT) in Thailand simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket International Airport in Thailand?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket airport (HKT)' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Phuket Town and Phuket island, Thailand services we offer
Flights to the island of Phuket: Going to book the Machima House and need a flight? If your looking for low-priced flights to the island of Phuket simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island, Thailand low-priced flights booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket island airport we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for budget priced flight deals from Phuket airport (HKT) every day! 🙂
Private Phuket Town Property Tours: If your staying at the Machima House but also interested in purchasing a Phuket Town property, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Phuket Town, or on Phuket island in Thailand, then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search and Find’ Phuket Town property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Machima House. Here to help 🙂